Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

Warning To All Vmar Dornier Do27 Fliers

Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

Warning To All Vmar Dornier Do27 Fliers

Old 08-22-2006, 09:46 AM
Paradrop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warning To All Vmar Dornier Do27 Fliers

Over the weekend flew My DO27 and subsequently ended up putting it in a bin bag to go home, the model had flown about 1.5 hrs so all was built correct and working fine after a good pre-flight took off and did a few touch and go's then moved on to a few aero's this is my normal flight schedule so nothing out of the ordinary after about the second loop the main wing became un attached sending the main fuselage into the ground subsequently writing the plane off. after close inspection I noticed the wing fixing bolts(plastic) were still in the wing and the wing (balsa) mount had failed! maybe To Much G or the Fact there was a Little wind about 4kts the loop was not out of the ordinary or UN fair to the aircraft in any way and the wing did not de-tach at the heaviest G part of the loop any answers Warranty Claim ???????

A.H.
Old 08-22-2006, 09:55 AM
bigchap

Default RE: Warning To All Vmar Dornier Do27 Fliers

forget about warranty,myself and a lot of other people had problems with the vmar beaver,when mcgregor industries were contacted they just ignored our claims,now you know why people rubbish vmars products,you'd have more fun flying the box they came in and using the model to light a bonfire!
Old 08-22-2006, 10:35 AM
Paradrop

Yeh found that out and agree about the bonfire bit LOL Moved on to hangar 9 stuff now also have some seagul planes witch seem OK

Cheers Bigchap
Old 08-22-2006, 12:02 PM
bigchap

seagull eh,i've never come across a bad one.
Old 08-23-2006, 05:48 AM
Dav0012

yes i'll have to agree with the bonfire, the Vmar brand name = ARF awaiting to Crash,
had a vmar pc-9 , undercarraige ripped out just whilst rolling out on a landing.
Old 08-23-2006, 06:11 AM
Paradrop

Hello would any of you guy's know why on my trainer with a GWS Dream Starter Radio Upon leaving the TX by Pilots Box Going to pick model up all the servos and controls move rapidly and all over the place it also seams to be doing this in the air Maybe any ideas on fixing it and if it is just interferance Change The crystals?????????