Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

Very Bad Luck

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

Very Bad Luck

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 09:45 PM
edberg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Very Bad Luck

Little white card with a clip???
Old 02-07-2007, 09:55 PM
edberg

[:@] They close at 5pm, I get home from my part time job at like 7pm.
Old 02-07-2007, 09:56 PM
i live for 3D
Banned

yea it mandatory since the first of january. you need to pick it up at the front office at the park.
Old 02-08-2007, 01:21 AM
elecfly

ORIGINAL: i live for 3D

You like that F-4 phantom down there.......?.......guess what its mine Ever since I was a little kid my mom had a friend who flew R/C and had Turbines and big IMAC planes. He helps me out alot now at the field and with my equipment. He had this Lanier F-4 Phantom that has been sitting around in his garage for 4 years and he said "I dont have any use for it anymore, Do you want it?" I said heck ya! I t was very dusty and the engine needed to be lubed and the rudder needed to be glued and I need a new elevator servo. nothing big. I have one question. I tried to open the carb with the servo and the carberator was stuck. The servo worked fine but the carb wouldnt open. I poured a decent amount of after run oil in the carb and it solved the problem But do you think the engine needs to be cleaned on the inside like if it is gummed up or something?

Thanks
I think its better to strip it completely and clean everything , also oil every part as you are putting it back together again.
Nice looking F4! im also looking for something like that for my next plane
Old 02-08-2007, 02:51 AM
76birdman

Tony,

Little kid or not, you were obviously intrested in flight from a young age. You have gained the respect of the aeromodeling community through your hard work. Follow your passion. Sometimes people loose track of what is really important.

Hey, you're 13 right? Keep your options open.
Old 02-08-2007, 03:32 AM
Trundle

From what i can see the Horizontal stabilizer starts shaking then it disintegrates and takes the vertical stabilizer with it. Maybe someone forgot to reinforce it?
Old 02-08-2007, 02:09 PM
CRAZYRYAN
My Feedback: (1)

that would be flutter at the elevator due to not butting the elevator against the main part close enought thus allowing air to go through the gap and thats what happened. should have put monokote along the gap.
Old 02-08-2007, 05:01 PM
edberg

Ok I got my AMA number and put it in my signature so I don't forget. I print out the verification page, show it to the office, get the "little white card with the clip" and use that to fly?
Old 02-08-2007, 05:48 PM
i live for 3D
Banned

yes just show that verification to the office and they will give you a white card with a clip to put on your shirt and then fold up that verification paper and put it on the frequency board.
ORIGINAL: edberg

Ok I got my AMA number and put it in my signature so I don't forget. I print out the verification page, show it to the office, get the "little white card with the clip" and use that to fly?
Old 02-08-2007, 05:49 PM
i live for 3D
Banned

are you going flying this sunday?
Old 02-08-2007, 07:47 PM
edberg

Most likely yes, sunday or satuday? Your pick.
Old 02-08-2007, 07:48 PM
edberg

BTW what does your camera save to, internal memory or a card/chip of some sort?
Old 02-08-2007, 08:32 PM
i live for 3D
Banned

um sunday is better because on saturday i have a baseball game

Most likely yes, sunday or satuday? Your pick.
Old 02-08-2007, 09:52 PM
edberg

My little sister took my video camera and lost it! Now I can't film the maiden. [:@]
Old 02-08-2007, 09:59 PM
KingCobra2

Shame on her![X(]

My little sister took my video camera and lost it! Now I can't film the maiden. [:@]
Old 02-09-2007, 07:19 AM
Hibrass
My Feedback: (1)

Your better off...

Never take pictures or film on a Maiden... It's bad luck... ;-)

Hibrass
Old 02-09-2007, 10:46 PM
edberg

Tony you got an instant messeger or something? What is it
Old 02-10-2007, 01:43 PM
i live for 3D
Banned

no but you can send me a PM
Old 02-10-2007, 01:45 PM
i live for 3D
Banned

actually my brother has AIM i am going to PM you my s/n
Old 02-11-2007, 07:14 PM
edberg

Airfield closed due to Anual BBQ day! [:@]
Old 02-12-2007, 08:05 AM
RC MANIAC119
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: elecfly

You like that F-4 phantom down there.......?.......guess what its mine Ever since I was a little kid my mom had a friend who flew R/C and had Turbines and big IMAC planes. He helps me out alot now at the field and with my equipment. He had this Lanier F-4 Phantom that has been sitting around in his garage for 4 years and he said "I dont have any use for it anymore, Do you want it?" I said heck ya! I t was very dusty and the engine needed to be lubed and the rudder needed to be glued and I need a new elevator servo. nothing big. I have one question. I tried to open the carb with the servo and the carberator was stuck. The servo worked fine but the carb wouldnt open. I poured a decent amount of after run oil in the carb and it solved the problem But do you think the engine needs to be cleaned on the inside like if it is gummed up or something?

Thanks
I think its better to strip it completely and clean everything , also oil every part as you are putting it back together again.
Tony..........a real important part of this hobby, is being able to tell real advice from someone who knows..........and others that just like to hear themselves jabber!!!
Old 02-12-2007, 06:30 PM
Rcpwnage
Banned

good luck tony, lookin foward to any new pics of the 3d. make sure you show all those guys at your feild how its done. but not to coocky : ] i was flying my tribute 3d last weekend and got a lil to coocky and put it in the ground about 5 feet in front of me, not a fun thing when ur standing in a foot of snow and cant really hump out of the way.
remeber have fun, thats what this hobby is all about.
zach
Old 02-13-2007, 08:21 PM
KingCobra2

I didn't see anything with his advice. Maybe that is what he thinks is right to do. The thing to do here is to listen to the advice and decide if that is what you would like to do or wait and weigh all advice. We are wrong to judge anyones advice. Like I said<it sounded like a kind and simple advice. I think it would be the right thing to do, take the engine or engines apart and clean and lube anything that might need to, since it has been sitting around for a while. This way YOU know what went into the building of this engine since YOU will be the one flying it. It is a beautiful plane and I would hate to see engine failure due to the fact he didn't listen to this persons LOGICAL advice.RCManiac> Please tell me what was wrong with that advice. If there was anything wrong with it, LET US learn from someone that knows. OH, and YES, I love seeing myself ramble onTony you just do what you think you should to keep your plane safe> bring on some video--------- Scott
ORIGINAL: RC MANIAC119

ORIGINAL: elecfly

Thanks
Tony..........a real important part of this hobby, is being able to tell real advice from someone who knows..........and others that just like to hear themselves jabber!!!
Old 02-13-2007, 09:32 PM
RC MANIAC119
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will try to keep this short and simple.........Tony stated that he used an after run oil on the sticky carb, and throughly lubed the engine, which solved his problem.

At this point, with everything feeling smooth, it's time to fire that engine up. NOT tear it apart, to see whats in there. Not only is that a giant waste of time, but also, the best way to clean an engine, is to run and engine. If for some reason that engine does not fire, after doing the usual troubleshooting...check the plug...check the sparker.....is it getting fuel...etc..etc...
THEN you consider taking a closer look............

Now...if you had any experience at all with glow engines, you would know that!

I hesitate to go into the various reasons why you should not tear an engine apart. UNLESS YOU HAVE TO....Like...do you have a new gasket set to replace the old one with...........can you get replacement parts for that engine...etc...etc...

BUT...........with a name like ElectricFlyGuy....how can anyone trust ANYTHING you say about fuel engines!!!!

Now, if you decide to continue to debate me on this issue.......bring it....but please for my eye's sake....try to limit your quotes to under 20 per square....and keep your faulty advice to yourself!!!
Old 02-13-2007, 09:37 PM
KingCobra2

OK, RC MANIC for one thing , UMMMMMMMMMMMM, just cause someone has the word 'electric' in their screen name, means nothing idiot. You need to stop treating others like they are idiots. Cause, this little show you just put on, made you look like a COMPLETE idiot/bully. I don't care who you are or what your experiences are. If that guy wants to suggest tearing the motor down let him suggest away all day long, BUT, Tony found his problem and solved it>> Do you suggest that Tony was about to follow his advice>> Ummmmmmmm gee wizzzz. As for the word MANIC in your name>> I would suggest you stay away from fields I fly at, All the man was doing was giving helpful advice(probably before Tony solved his problem) and Tony decided, he fixed the problem>> IDIOT/MANIC. OH, I don't think Tony needs another person playing DADDY for him. He is old enough to speak for himself, don't you think. Now with that said>> Don't JUDGE anyone cause you will most likely get dumped on your rear end. I am tired of reading threads where people do nuthin' but degrade and bully on people trying to lear and enjoy themselves at these forums. All I can say is, those people must lead a sad life. Now shut up and Chill OUT![:@] Scott

ORIGINAL: RC MANIAC119

I will try to keep this short and simple.........Tony stated that he used an after run oil on the sticky carb, and throughly lubed the engine, which solved his problem.

At this point, with everything feeling smooth, it's time to fire that engine up. NOT tear it apart, to see whats in there. Not only is that a giant waste of time, but also, the best way to clean an engine, is to run and engine. If for some reason that engine does not fire, after doing the usual troubleshooting...check the plug...check the sparker.....is it getting fuel...etc..etc...
THEN you consider taking a closer look............

Now...if you had any experience at all with glow engines, you would know that!

I hesitate to go into the various reasons why you should not tear an engine apart. UNLESS YOU HAVE TO....Like...do you have a new gasket set to replace the old one with...........can you get replacement parts for that engine...etc...etc...

BUT...........with a name like ElectricFlyGuy....how can anyone trust ANYTHING you say about fuel engines!!!!

Now, if you decide to continue to debate me on this issue.......bring it....but please for my eye's sake....try to limit your quotes to under 20 per square....and keep your faulty advice to yourself!!!
[/quote]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.