Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

one bad day

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

one bad day

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 12:03 AM
troposcuba

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: one bad day

wow did we get sidetracked on this one. but yeah, I gotta admit that the wife's daily driver is a '71 bronco. but to her credit has the only running roadworthy classic out of this bunch. I got the '65 chevy in the garage (not running yet) and yes I did drive a Toyota truck till she killed it a coupla weeks ago. just an excuse to buy that '70 K5 blazer I always wanted. CHEVY BABY!

and now back to our program.
Old 05-28-2007, 07:49 AM
Mr67Stang

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: danny31292

I hope your last comment was a joke. If ford and chevy make such a great product how come they can't make any money on it.
Because Americans, us, are willing to trade off their brother and their mothers to save a dollar. Their products are great, they just can't be produced as inexpensively as in the foreign market because Americans won't work for $3.00/hr anymore. So as they say the jokes on us... we will buy our way into oblivion and no Jihadist will have to do anything but sit back and laugh.
Old 05-29-2007, 06:57 PM
gilbertfh
My Feedback: (5)

I remember when if you wanted a plane built for you it cost a fortune and could take months. But gee thanks to child labor and sweat shops in china I can buy a sweet ARF for $100.
Old 05-30-2007, 01:53 AM
rc3dprodigy
Banned

well to get back to the topic. lolz
the weather hasnt been good enough to go flying yet so i havnt flown sense the flight were my tail fell off.
raining all day and really windy.
scott
Old 06-12-2007, 10:36 PM
chevypower1930

sorry buddy but I would not have hesitated one second to hop in MY truck and chase this guy down and beat him until he hands over money or get money from him... thats ridiculous what he did.
Old 06-13-2007, 12:58 AM
rc3dprodigy
Banned

well i had alot of stuff going threw my head. your idea was taking about 45% of my brain. 50% was finding my plane. and 5 % was ... was my intena up? (it was)
scott
Old 06-13-2007, 03:20 PM
pooka2hot4u

*disclaimer* this is just a joke and i really wouldn't suggest doing it (i probably would but thats me) *disclaimer*

get a .22 air rifle and some bird shot for it.
take it with you whenever you go flying and if you see him again go in the bushes and play AA duty.
Old 06-13-2007, 04:08 PM
rc3dprodigy
Banned

if i see him agian ill get my money's worth out of his pretty little truck : ]
scott
Old 06-13-2007, 09:55 PM
Insanemoondoggie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: rc3dprodigy

if i see him agian ill get my money's worth out of his pretty little truck : ]
scott
What he did was wrong . Confront him face to face. Messing with his truck , is no different than him standing behind the hill and shooting you down. Don`t bring yourself down to his level..
I would let it go, only cowards would do what he did, and they don`t have the nades to show back up , after they pull a dumb stunt like this.
Remember , he shot you down , not his truck.
Old 06-13-2007, 11:06 PM
danny31292

What ever you do don't get arrested. I also agree with insanemoondoggie.
Old 06-13-2007, 11:17 PM
rc3dprodigy
Banned

i guess ill leave his truck alone but i cant promise if i see him in the air my radio wont turn on... and i cant promise i wont help myself to his flight gear while hes chasing his plane down : ]
Old 06-24-2007, 01:35 AM
winston07

Hey rc3dprodigy are you still looking for a fun 3d plane?? I have a 3d profile new in the box. I have one that flys on a .40 la and will hover at 3/4 throttle with a 11x3 prop. reply back to me. I'll send the plane free if you pay for shipping which should be around 15.00 bucks. Feel bad to what happened to you and feel anger to that guy who did that to you. Heres a pic of that plane im talkin about.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay73892.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	709722   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig11105.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	709723  
Old 06-24-2007, 08:15 PM
rc3dprodigy
Banned

thanks man. i sent the 15. i just got scamed out of a rc truck to. so this kinda makes it not feel like i lost as much.
scott
Old 06-24-2007, 09:52 PM
winston07

oh man that sux, yea like I said I have about 8 of these brand new in the box and bought them for dirt cheap. I have gone through 2 of them their pretty fun and good at 3d.
Old 06-29-2007, 05:22 PM
gilbertfh
My Feedback: (5)

RC3P it kinda sucks but as you grow up you learn a little better about whom, when and where you can trust people. Sometimes you have to spend a little money to save yourself further down the road. I have no problems with people at my field but I am thinking about upgrading to 2.4ghz just to alleviate the possibility of any problems. Even if it isn't malicious accidents happen and you are out a $100+ plane and possibly any servos or other gear that may have been damaged in the crash.

A few years ago I got taken by a kid for my RC10GT in a trade for a helicopter. Well the Helo was junk and not even complete. It had a toy body on it that wasn't even for an RC but it sure did look good in the pic. I got on whitepages.com did a search for the phone number associated with the address the package came from. Called him and informed him what he did was fraud and since he used USPS it was a federal offense if he didn't send me back my truck in as good or better condition than I sent it to him I would contact the authorities. I had it back in short order and he told me to keep the piece of junk he sent me which went promptly into the trash. The morale of this story is there are ways to recover from dishonest individuals but it sure would have been better to have never gotten involved in it to begin with. Now if I buy I pay with credit or paypal if I sell I keep all the info of what i am selling so somebody doesn't try to return their crap that isn't working. And I never ever ever ever trade unless it is from somebody reputable.

Taking vengeance on the individual that did this to you can serve no purpose other than to provide you with a moments gratification. In the end if you have morals you will only feel worse for lowering yourself to his level.
Old 06-29-2007, 06:40 PM
i live for 3D
Banned

ORIGINAL: winston07

Hey rc3dprodigy are you still looking for a fun 3d plane?? I have a 3d profile new in the box. I have one that flys on a .40 la and will hover at 3/4 throttle with a 11x3 prop. reply back to me. I'll send the plane free if you pay for shipping which should be around 15.00 bucks. Feel bad to what happened to you and feel anger to that guy who did that to you. Heres a pic of that plane im talkin about.
are you selling these? How much are you asking for them?

Thanks, Tony