Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

ParkZone Citabria Crash Please Help!

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

ParkZone Citabria Crash Please Help!

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 09:02 PM
Ichirofan8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ParkZone Citabria Crash Please Help!

Can someone please tell me how to fix this problem?

I was flying my Citabria on a calm morning, when all of a sudden, a gust of wind takes this little plane a few hundred yards. The radio wasn't working and I guess the plane went on full throttle and down elevator. The plane nose dived into the ground and the propeller popped right off. I went on YouTube to Dave Herbert's account and asked him what to do. He said that the Amazing Goop should work, so I tried it. It worked great, until I tested the plane. The propeller wouldn't spin very fast, the shaft was wobbly, and the plane made a loud buzzing noise. Can anyone show me a way to fix the plane without replacing any parts? I want to fly this plane very soon!
Old 09-02-2008, 12:24 AM
Habaneroe
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: ParkZone Citabria Crash Please Help!

I suspect you would at least have to buy this:

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=PKZ3028

My local HS carries it.

Pay to play pay even more to crash but the range thing excuse sounds dodgy all mine does is sputter the engine I doubt it would give down force to the controls.
Old 09-02-2008, 04:42 AM
meaden

Hard to say what you need and how to fix it without some photos but I think Habaneroe is on the right track.

I'll give you the benifit of the doubt on the radio thing. I've lost control of my Parkzone Spitfire and put it in the trees a couple of times. As dodgy an excuse as that may sound the radio that comes with the Parkzone stuff is just as dodgy. I trust it as far as I can throw it.
Old 09-02-2008, 08:24 AM
Ichirofan8

I forgot to mention that I was trying to land because of the wind and that's what happened
Old 09-02-2008, 09:15 PM
RedGN

I don't think those are meant to fly outdoors.

Personally, I think they are a waste of money. All the part are micro small and you have no chance repairing it. Just throw it away and call it a lesson learned.

No, really. Do it or you'll pull your hair out.

There are alot of nicer planes on the market for similar price.

Just my opinion. Hope it helps
Old 09-09-2008, 12:34 AM
Habaneroe
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: RedGN

I don't think those are meant to fly outdoors.

Personally, I think they are a waste of money. All the part are micro small and you have no chance repairing it. Just throw it away and call it a lesson learned.

No, really. Do it or you'll pull your hair out.

There are alot of nicer planes on the market for similar price.

Just my opinion. Hope it helps
I thought the same thing- even after I purchased mine; because I had crashed it into pavement broke the shaft. But then I saw this guy flying the Cessna version around in some wind at a local field and so I took mine to task and it really can chew up a small field- even do loops. I just had to trim extra down rudder and she's a daisy.

But of course because it is so light yes you have to be extra aware of wind conditions. Upside is it is so light if you fly over grass there is a small chance of damage.