Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

multiplex mentor loses wing during flight

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

multiplex mentor loses wing during flight

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 06:19 AM
lorhd2005
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default multiplex mentor loses wing during flight

i have a multiplex mentor that i just finished,flew it yesterday,no problems at all,great flyer,flew it today ,wind was about 5 to 8 mph,i had it really high and all of a sudden part of the wing snaps off,and the wing looks like it collapsed after that,straight down it went,thank god there was nobody underneath,as it landed in thick wooded area,my queation is what the heck could have caused this,ive never had this happen to me before,very scary ,everything was secure,it was flying for about 5 minutes before it happened,ive heard really good things about this plane,as anybody ever had this happen to them before,i want to fix it but afraid it will happen again,any help on this would be greatly appreciated,i really like this plane,
Old 04-07-2010, 11:04 PM
zac dady

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: multiplex mentor loses wing during flight

Was it a glue joint that is weird I've seen wings fold but never just pop of like that.If I were you I'd call multiplex. My two nephews are learning how to fly with that same plane. I don't know how many times it's been cartwheeled and sent backup in the air again sorry to hear about this unfortunate accident happening to you.