Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

Crashed in the kitchen!

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

Crashed in the kitchen!

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 10:47 PM
RPool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crashed in the kitchen!

I had my plane balanced inverted (on the kitchen floor) and went to the other room to get a camera. I guess the airconditioner came on and I heard a crash. Plane slid off my rubber tipped dowels on bases. Cracked the canopy, and dented wings as the dowls slid along them. Probably no way to fix canopy. How can I un-dent my wings? Can I inject water with a syringe and iron it? It seems I read that somewhere...is it true? See pics below.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us53024.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	114.0 KB
ID:	1475431   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je10512.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	105.1 KB
ID:	1475432   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ns45080.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	108.0 KB
ID:	1475433  
Old 07-30-2010, 12:38 AM
ro347
My Feedback: (13)

Default RE: Crashed in the kitchen!

The water and heat method does actually work on balsa. I was amazed when I tried it.
Old 07-30-2010, 02:10 AM
nh4clo4
My Feedback: (33)

That sucks,   I lost two planes in my shop. I had some heavy items on sawhorses, and put two planes by them after a day of flying. I caught one of the boards as  I walked by, and crushed a 20 size stik, and the tail on my Tiger, when they fell.  At least teh servos and receiver still work on the stik.
Old 08-01-2010, 09:49 PM
nibbler125

you know what they say, more planes are damaged in storage or trantsportation than actualy flying
Old 08-20-2010, 02:05 PM
I-fly-any-and-all
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yea at my previous club (LCRCC.org) we had a guy put his plane in the bed of his truck witht he wing still attached. He got 3 miles down the road hit a bump it flew out and the guy behind him ran it over HA HA HA HA HA!
Old 08-23-2010, 01:57 PM
Sessholvlaru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've just used a heat gun in similar situations to pull the covering tight over the dents. You'll never see them after that.
Old 08-25-2010, 01:26 PM
bgfireman
My Feedback: (13)

ORIGINAL: I-fly-any-and-all

Yea at my previous club (LCRCC.org) we had a guy put his plane in the bed of his truck witht he wing still attached. He got 3 miles down the road hit a bump it flew out and the guy behind him ran it over HA HA HA HA HA!
A friend of mine did that with a trainer. I don't think there was much damage. Any way we flew it later. We had another club member that bought a ultra stick and a new OS 46 to go on it. He put it on the ground to buckle his child in the car seat. Then got in the truck and ran over both. It totaled the plane and bent the high speed needle housing.