RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Crash & Rebuild (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/crash-rebuild-96/)
-   -   Eindecker crash video (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/crash-rebuild-96/8200572-eindecker-crash-video.html)

CrashPro 12-01-2008 04:14 AM

Eindecker crash video

[link=http://www.cvrcclubvideos.us/EindeckerSplat3.wmv]Eindecker crash[/link]

pkevinb 12-01-2008 09:49 AM

RE: Eindecker crash video

I liked the flaming carnage at the end.

krayzc-RCU 12-01-2008 09:53 AM

:)

lejongleur 12-01-2008 12:44 PM

What happened? Looks like maybe a servo was sticking or something?

krayzc-RCU 12-01-2008 12:48 PM

i hear his finger got stuck pulling the elevator stick back:)

MajorTomski 12-01-2008 12:58 PM

It looked a bit tail heavy too.

krayzc-RCU 12-01-2008 01:42 PM

i thnk we can also say maybe to much elevator throw just in case he watned to do some 3d or a series high rate setting as i never could figure what 2 do with the high low rate settings......

foodstick 12-01-2008 02:34 PM

That is sad, I think it could have used a tiny bit more nose weight as well.. Hopefully it gets back in the air after all the burn't wood is replaced....

mugenkidd 12-01-2008 06:17 PM

its a warbird, maybe it was just shot down. .[sm=idea.gif]

Huntster 12-01-2008 06:39 PM

I'll second the Tail heavy argument..... Control throws are one thing but it just didn't look as if it was flying smoothly, it looked like a balancing act all the way and then when it turned to come down wind it kept turning and entered the spiral.... Sorry. but it shouldn't have caused un-repairable damage.

CrashPro 12-01-2008 07:44 PM

Yeppers to those who said tail heavy.....even tho there was extensive fire damage....pilot was able to confirm that CG was indeed too far aft.

Huntster 12-01-2008 08:26 PM

Good deal... Thanks for letting us know. Sorry for the loss. :( But It can fly again! Better next time I hope. Maybe a RX battery came loose. Who knows.... It's crazy to be at the "sticks" when a plane wants to start the sky dance like that.... Sheeeeeshhhhhh... Scary. Especially if it's not your model.

mike31 12-09-2008 12:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Mine is better. There is no coming back after I turn them into dust. 3 channel is not the way to go!

Chevelle 07-16-2009 02:24 PM

I dunno about the CG theory.  Looks like a new pilot (I hope he sticks with it) given that he walked the plane out to the centerline.  The take off was too soon.  The plane never really had airspeed to remain stable.  Altitude was gained almost entirely on the motor.  The turn at low speed put it into a spin and that was that.

Showtime100 07-16-2009 02:59 PM

ORIGINAL: Chevelle

I dunno about the CG theory. Looks like a new pilot (I hope he sticks with it) given that he walked the plane out to the centerline. The take off was too soon. The plane never really had airspeed to remain stable. Altitude was gained almost entirely on the motor. The turn at low speed put it into a spin and that was that.

I agree. I saw the exact same thing happen a couple weeks ago. I could be wrong but to me the video looked like he gave too much elevator input considering the throws and never got enough speed and in the turn she stalled.

CrashPro 07-17-2009 08:25 AM

ORIGINAL: Showtime100

I dunno about the CG theory. Looks like a new pilot (I hope he sticks with it) given that he walked the plane out to the centerline. The take off was too soon. The plane never really had airspeed to remain stable. Altitude was gained almost entirely on the motor. The turn at low speed put it into a spin and that was that.

I agree. I saw the exact same thing happen a couple weeks ago. I could be wrong but to me the video looked like he gave too much elevator input considering the throws and never got enough speed and in the turn she stalled.

Nope......Derek is not a 'new pilot'.....he has been flying for about 5 years and actually is a very good pilot. He owns probably about a dozen planes... here is [link=http://www.cvrcclubvideos.us/WDerekRascal.wmv]video of him flying his Rascal[/link] I'll have to go thru my video tapes to find it....but I have video of him hovering his 3D plane and doing all kinds of maneuvers.

Chevelle 07-17-2009 08:33 AM

No disrespect meant towards Derek but his 3D planes can fly on their props.  That Eindecker needs to be flown on its wing.  Prop wash alone is not good enough.

CrashPro 07-17-2009 08:39 AM

No disrespect meant towards Derek but his 3D planes can fly on their props. That Eindecker needs to be flown on its wing. Prop wash alone is not good enough.

Agreed....but I was there when the plane was examined after the crash...it was indeed tail heavy.....

Showtime100 07-17-2009 02:54 PM

Hey, experienced or not, anyone can make mistake. No shame in it. It may have been tail-heavy but that didn't cause the crash, just the panic when the airplane didn't behave as anticipated. The fact remains that he turned at slow speed and the airplane stalled and crashed.

M_Callahan 07-25-2009 11:51 PM

Maybe shot down. See any DH-2's or sopwith tripes lurking in the area?

onewood 07-27-2009 02:06 PM

what eindecker was this?[&o]

exeter_acres 07-27-2009 02:18 PM

ORIGINAL: CrashPro

Yeppers to those who said tail heavy.....even tho there was extensive fire damage....pilot was able to confirm that CG was indeed too far aft.

I guess I'm old school... I usually like to check the CG before the flight...not after...

but hey...I'm funny that way

CrashPro 07-27-2009 05:22 PM

ORIGINAL: exeter_acres

ORIGINAL: CrashPro

I guess I'm old school... I usually like to check the CG before the flight...not after...

but hey...I'm funny that way

What???.....and take all the fun out of it??.....sheesh,.....how could I entertain you guys with these videos if everyone did that??

Luftwaffe Oberst 08-01-2009 07:23 PM

Thanks Crashpro... I enjoy all your video's. In this hobby/sport people. I seen a guy crash his Great Planes Extra 300 last year and he's been flying straight for over 25 years... and he is a instructor at our field!

I too like to watch a good crash as long as it isn't mine and I don't know the guy. But then I think of the cost, time and money then I feel bad for the person who crashes. And I feel bad for all my friends who crash and I give them a emotional lift when ever I can.

andrew66 08-02-2009 01:20 AM

It was totally tail heavy. It was going plenty fast on takeoff. You could tell the way the A/C was very pitch sensitive was due to the aft CG.
I hate seeing beautiful planes like this go down. I hope you fix it, and get it back in the air.