RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Crash & Rebuild (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/crash-rebuild-96/)
-   -   Telemaster 40 help! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/crash-rebuild-96/9553821-telemaster-40-help.html)

bubba153 03-04-2010 09:48 AM

Telemaster 40 help!

I need the CG and control throws for what I believe is a Telemaster 40. This is an older kit had been sitting in someone's storage for around 15 years after a crash, awaiting a rebuild. It's very rebuildable with all damage from the firewall forward. There was no paperwork or plans, and I'm having difficulty finding the CG and control throw info. It has a 72-73" WS, thus my thought it's a .40 size. One of the things that makes me think it's an older kit is the fact that although it has flaps, the ailerons are controlled by a single servo using bellcranks and that servo is embedded in the wing under the sheeting. Think I'll convert it to a bolt-on wing during the repair.

Any help with the CG and control throws is appreciated. I tried the manual for the 40 at Hobby Lobby's site, but it doesn't list these (assuming they are on the plans).

sir crashallot 03-04-2010 01:32 PM

RE: Telemaster 40 help!

bubba email me or pm me your email address.i have the pdf plans for this model and will be able to email the plans to you to help on your reconstruction. i also belive the clearly show the cg point. hope this helps you out on your project.

bubba153 03-04-2010 06:11 PM

Message sent.  Not sure if it went e-mail or pm first time I've used the messaging system.

bubba153 03-04-2010 07:02 PM

George,

Thanks for the plans that was quick!

I guess I'm terminally dense, but I was unable to find either a CG mark or control throws listed on the plans.  Although the CG location would stil be in the relative same location, I don't think I could interpret the throws to the 72" WS from that 400 size ship even if they were shown.  I do sincerely thank you for the effort, and your speed.

Still looking....

foodstick 03-04-2010 09:13 PM

I am not sure you can have enough throw on a telemaster to get into trouble ! :D

Haven't built one and don't quote me on it..but I bet the cg is on the spar of that kit...

Highflight 03-04-2010 09:20 PM

ORIGINAL: foodstick

I am not sure you can have enough throw on a telemaster to get into trouble ! :D

Haven't built one and don't quote me on it..but I bet the cg is on the spar of that kit...
Yup, put the CG right on the wing spar and you can't get into trouble. Tweak if you want to change flying characteristics once it's flown, but start right on the spar.

For control throws, just a little bit of this and a little bit of that. For God's sake, it's a Telemaster. :D

I often take mine to altitude, trim it, and then set the transmitter on the ground and let it fly itself for a while. For more fun, kill the engine at altitude, find a thermal, and play glider for half an hour or so.

bubba153 03-05-2010 08:20 AM

</p>

Yup, put the CG right on the wing spar and you can't get into trouble.</p>

While I'm sure that will work, I seem to recall that the Telemaster is balanced a bit aft of the "usual" location something to do with that big lifting stab IIRC.  My main interest in the throws was to try to get the aileron differential set properly, as I'm just about certain that differential was recommended.  There is no differential presently setup with the bellcrank arraqngement.  Again,  it'll probably fly okay without it, but this is a crash rebuild, and the original owner isn't around to tell me anything about the plane or circumstances surrounding the crash.</p>

Johnrb62 01-19-2022 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by Highflight (Post 9555689)
Yup, put the CG right on the wing spar and you can't get into trouble. Tweak if you want to change flying characteristics once it's flown, but start right on the spar.

For control throws, just a little bit of this and a little bit of that. For God's sake, it's a Telemaster. :D

I often take mine to altitude, trim it, and then set the transmitter on the ground and let it fly itself for a while. For more fun, kill the engine at altitude, find a thermal, and play glider for half an hour or so.

Hello I am new to this hobby I have a telemaster 40 but I need the wing 73" can you find me a wing or build me one willing to pay good $$

N1EDM 01-19-2022 04:10 PM

Here is a link to a Telemaster kit https://carolinacustomkits.com/shop/.../telemaster-40 but I don't know if the wing is exactly the same as it was from the original kit provider, Hobby Lobby.

You can always drop an email and ask if the wing is exactly the same, and whether they would be willing to sell you just the Wing....

Just my $.02

Bob

oneblueyedog 01-09-2023 05:23 PM

If it's a Hobby Lobby, here is where the CG is
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.rcu...8838e7dd6f.png
Mine flys like a kitten at half throttle Saito .56.