Community
Search
Notices
Digital Camera & Photo Editing Discuss digital cameras in this forum. Products, comparisons, usage, tips for getting your rc photos on the web. Software photo editing and touch up tips.

Ebay wireless camera

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2005, 11:26 PM
stunner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ebay wireless camera

I have been looking into wireless cameras and i am wondering if anyone has seen,bought or read anything about this camera [link=http://cgi.ebay.com/WIRELESS-RC-CAR-HELICOPTER-PLANE-MINI-VIDEO-CAMERA-KIT_W0QQitemZ6016733122QQcategoryZ1200QQssPageName ZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem]wireless camera[/link]

its $50. I have seen all the other sites, 2coolrc, blackwidow, etc. However those are much more expensive. So if anyone can please leave me some details.

Thanks,
stunner
Old 03-14-2006, 10:10 AM
tsparks

Default RE: Ebay wireless camera

Yep, I just bought one of those. Going to try it up in the rigging of my Schooner and see what I can get on my camcorder across the wireless link. It all seems portable enough when you use battery packs, but still waiting for a good sailing day before I'll know for sure if it was worth it.

Taylor
http://www.sparksstudios.com/boatyard/Index.htm
Old 03-14-2006, 11:48 AM
Rick Delten

My friend bought one of those cameras. He found out later that this item and ones like it on ebay are illegal to use in the USA. They are not FCC certified, and transmit on 1.04ghz, an Airline navigation frequency[X(]
Old 03-19-2006, 07:03 PM
marwen1
My Feedback: (6)

OUCH! That bites!

I can't help but wonder if the crystals can be changed to help bring it into our spectrum of legal use? !

marwen
Old 04-30-2006, 09:08 PM
YaMik

I bought that same camera off of ebay about two years ago (only was 25$ then) and it works fine. When using it indoors, the signal will drop out fairly quick once you put a wall or two inbetween the camera and reciever but outdoors i'm sure would be fine. I mounted it on my blade cx and got it to fly a little indoors, after reducing some weight (body shell, landing gear).
Old 05-01-2006, 12:04 AM
marwen1
My Feedback: (6)

GOOD STUFF! These wireless electronics these days, just blows me away. And its not limited to camers./

I had a AAA service truck give me a boost a few months ago. When he was all but finished, he hand-held a small printer in front of something at the face of my radiator area. He tore off a readout of the condition of my batter.

Whew! was it EVER dead. When I bouight a new battery the next day, I didn't even want to see how really bad it was. Just sell me a NEW batt. LOL

marwen