Community
Search
Notices
Digital Camera & Photo Editing Discuss digital cameras in this forum. Products, comparisons, usage, tips for getting your rc photos on the web. Software photo editing and touch up tips.

Digital Camera with VGA Movie Clips

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2005, 06:41 PM
STG
My Feedback: (26)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Digital Camera with VGA Movie Clips

Does anyone know were I can find some samples. It seems like digital cameras are getting more and more capable of taking an OK movie. I would like to see some samples though before I buy one. Looking at the Kodak VP550 or similar. Thanks.
Old 12-03-2005, 06:23 AM
adrian-RCU

Default RE: Digital Camera with VGA Movie Clips

well i took this video and still pics with my olympus c760 - did some editing and thats it - people tell me its pretty good.

[link=http://www.topmodelproduction.com/mov/supervision.wmv]supervision video[/link]
Old 12-03-2005, 12:40 PM
STG

ORIGINAL: adrian-RCU

well i took this video and still pics with my olympus c760 - did some editing and thats it - people tell me its pretty good.

[link=http://www.topmodelproduction.com/mov/supervision.wmv]supervision video[/link]
Dude, Very Nice Movie & nice flying!!!

That is exactly what I am looking for!!

When I ask the question I posted in this thread to people most respond "if you want to take videos get a video camera & if you want to take still pictures get a video camera." What you have here is proof that for Internet post able quality movies these new still camera's with video capabilities are very capable.

1) How is the audio with that camera? Song was mixed over the top.

2) What software did you use to do editing and covert it into a .wmv file?

3) Was that VGA and 30fps?

4) Any other info you can share would be great!

Do you have any other camera recommendations other than the c760? I don't want to spend more than I have to, but I don't want to save $50 and get something sub standard.

Thanks for the info!!
Old 12-03-2005, 01:05 PM
Tall Paul

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've gotten similar results with a Nikon 7600 and Casio Z57. VGA images, 30 fps and good sound.
Any of the current offerings should be the same.
Old 12-03-2005, 01:09 PM
STG

ORIGINAL: Tall Paul

I've gotten similar results with a Nikon 7600 and Casio Z57. VGA images, 30 fps and good sound.
Any of the current offerings should be the same.

Do you have any film clips you can email me? [email protected] I can accept up to 20mb if you can send it.
Thanks!

It wold be nice to find one that lets you use an optical zoom while filming. The Kodak VP550 can be had for $250 and it is being advertised right now with t.v. quality movie making. I like that it uses a SD card.
Old 12-03-2005, 02:22 PM
Tall Paul

In QuickTime format....
From one of my electrics...
http://users.adelphia.net/~pjburke10...inflightQT.mov
Old 12-03-2005, 04:40 PM
STG

ORIGINAL: Tall Paul

In QuickTime format....
From one of my electrics...
http://users.adelphia.net/~pjburke10...inflightQT.mov
That looks good. Thanks!

Any advise would be appreciated, as I am in the market.
Old 12-03-2005, 07:14 PM
Tall Paul

Here's a short clip with the Nikon 7600..
http://users.adelphia.net/~pjburke10...Sloping004.avi
8.3 MB.
I haven't flown the Nikon in video mode since I clobbered the Casio when the receiver battery failed on a touch & go.
Old 12-06-2005, 12:19 AM
marwen1
My Feedback: (6)

Typical of any camera that shoots either stills of motion.

The older digital cameras that produce mpg's -- A camera that is 2.1 MP will produce an acceptable motion image but nothing great.

Now, if we take a look at the newer ones with a higher MP rating, certainly, your images will be much better.

You say you want a reccomendation before you buy. That'll be tough. What is acceptable for you may not be OKAY for someone else, or visa versa.

But on the whole, and I'll say it again, the higher the MP, the better your resolution will be.

marwen
Old 12-06-2005, 11:31 PM
D Bronk

HOWDY MARSHALL.I bought a camera, a little while ago .It`s a FUJI FILM FINEPIX E550 6.3 MP. Absolutely no regrets.MY purchase was decided on by, purchasing as many MP.s, as I could afford.The sound is great, and the movies are quite decent,and the photo`s are awesome.I`m not a camera whiz, like you, and ,I,didn`t really know, what I wanted .MY advice is, Simply BUY as MUCH camera as you can afford.I bought from BLACKS Photo, they have a satisfaction gaurantee program .ie...If you aren`t happy, with whatever Camera, you choose, you can return it ,before a month is up, and pick out a different UNIT...That alone ,made me feel better, walking out of the store with my new, UNFAMILIAR CAMERA..AFTER the 2nd day of useage, I knew that ,it was going to be staying,home ,here with me.SHE WAS A KEEPER.MARSHALL ,you must be caught up with the School photos, and into the CHRISTMAS PICS. now .EH??
Old 12-07-2005, 01:11 AM
marwen1

So post up some flix, dude.

That's a pretty good guarantee.

We got a Canon 20D a while ago, --- shucks, I'm still trying to learn how to make all the bells and whistles work! I don't think that 30 day thing would work with me.

Oh heck, within 2 days, I had the bulk of it down pretty good, but you really have to work the daylights out of ALL the features before you can say that you really know it!

later Dave

Marshall
Old 12-07-2005, 04:10 AM
D Bronk

Well I don`t have all the features, that this camera has,down pat,but I`ve got the basics down, so that I can make it do, what I want.I wish I had bought the largest memory card(XD) for it,though .It`s a web cam too,and, has ZOOM while recording.Has an A/V cable that you can plug directly into a TV. If a person is intrested in finding out more about this camera ,the best bet would be, to do a search on it.THe video, at this link, is of a couple reeds, I had made, for 2 different Cox 0.049"engines.THE last half of the video is the same engine, with a factory reed, and then,the same engine,but running, with,one of my, homade reeds in it.THE video has been Compressed by Windows movie maker,so some video quality is lost, in the formating process.In the Raw state,, on my home computer the quality is WAY,Way better.I am very happy with this camera.I know there`s better cameras around, but they come with a ,heavy price tag too.. Here`s a couple of pics, to show how the images come across ,at the RCU end.

http://media.putfile.com/MY-REEDS
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz78141.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	366240   Click image for larger version

Name:	To45143.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	114.4 KB
ID:	366241   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ns45346.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	366242   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xr46539.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	366243   Click image for larger version

Name:	It99584.jpg
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	366244  
Old 12-07-2005, 09:55 AM
STG

ORIGINAL: D Bronk

Well I don`t have all the features, that this camera has,down pat,but I`ve got the basics down, so that I can make it do, what I want.I wish I had bought the largest memory card(XD) for it,though .It`s a web cam too,and, has ZOOM while recording.Has an A/V cable that you can plug directly into a TV. If a person is intrested in finding out more about this camera ,the best bet would be, to do a search on it.THe video, at this link, is of a couple reeds, I had made, for 2 different Cox 0.049"engines.THE last half of the video is the same engine, with a factory reed, and then,the same engine,but running, with,one of my, homade reeds in it.THE video has been Compressed by Windows movie maker,so some video quality is lost, in the formating process.In the Raw state,, on my home computer the quality is WAY,Way better.I am very happy with this camera.I know there`s better cameras around, but they come with a ,heavy price tag too.. Here`s a couple of pics, to show how the images come across ,at the RCU end.

http://media.putfile.com/MY-REEDS
That looks good. My guess is that the camera takes .AVI? How large were the files that you imported into movie maker. The .AVI cameras that I have seen are about 2mb per secound at VGA & 30fps. How large is the 4 minute movie that you posted to putfile?

The Kodak 550 has compression built right into the movies so they are about 1/4 the size(about .5mb per second). They are also .MOV files and have to be converted to get them into move maker. I downloaded a shareware converter, but that does not do a very good job.
Old 12-07-2005, 10:38 AM
D Bronk

Yes the FUJI E550, Is in AVI.you can go straight in to windows movie maker and make your movie,very user friendly .Here`s the specs. from the manual,just save the picture, and then zoom in,delete it when your finished if you want. I`ll have to get back to you, on the file size,of that video. I don`t remember ,but I`ll find ,the info for you.I forgot to mention,that, you can change lenses, on this camera, if you want too. .I had a borrowed ,cheap camera at one point,, and, all the photo manipulation in the world, could not make the images, anywhere near as good as this.. By the way I`m as Amatuer, as it gets,when it comes to this stuff

Name:	Kh17388.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	366290   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oj26672.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	106.6 KB
ID:	366291  
Old 12-07-2005, 11:10 AM
D Bronk

the video in put file started out @ 118.5 Mb. and was edited/compressed down to 12.5 Mb. so it would up and down load quicker.I have a very slow Server..DAVE B.
Old 12-07-2005, 11:23 AM
STG

ORIGINAL: D Bronk

the video in put file started out @ 118.5 Mb. and was edited/compressed down to 12.5 Mb. so it would up and down load quicker.I have a very slow Server..DAVE B.
Dave the movie is 4 min and it was only 118.5mb and a AVI file? That is very close to the .5mb/sec that the Kodac gets and 4X more compressed than the Cannon A610 that I tested. Was the movie taken at 640x320 30fps?

Thanks, I am getting very interested in that camera.
Old 12-07-2005, 02:45 PM
marwen1

Good stuff Dave:

I am finding that my system here in the PEG must have frozen up. What is it today? -25C B-r-r-r-r- LOL

Seriously though I don't have the right codec to translate.

Guess I'll have to upgrade my puters here pretty quick

Marshall
Old 12-07-2005, 03:41 PM
D Bronk

.I`m not sure how cold it is Marshall, but if you take your camera, and zoom in on the GOLDEN BOYs crotch ,that will give you a good indication, to the temperature LOL

.Well STG,you`re making me learn ,more than I want know, about Cameras..LOL ...I`m a point, and shoot, kind of Guy .BUT, I suppose ,this is one way to get me to read the manual.You do know that those books are supposed to be put in a drawer,and forgotten about, right after you read the part about, how to turn it on. Don`t you.LOL.I took the video ,back into Windows Movie maker,then clicked on, the clip,then properties,I found the Source File, and what it says there is:

.in the width description it shows 640

.in the height description,it shows 480

.and a frame rate of 30fps

.The sound is in MONO,but the mic. is excellant ,and records a very clear audio, at large distances.I`m impressed with the camera. Overall it`s simple to use,I`m happy with it,it does everything ,I want/need it to do,can purcase better lenses if I ever need (doubt that I will),and most important I have no regrets with this camera ,what so ever.In fact if it was ever stolen,I would replace it with the exact, same ,model.. more Questions? I`ll try to answer them for you, if I can.remember that I don`t know too much about this sort of stuff.I do however , punch a MEAN button,as good, or better, than anyone.LOL

http://home.fujifilm.com/products/di...550/index.html STG..This should answer ALL your questions

repaired link D.B.

Name:	Us53196.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	366413   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ni22692.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	111.3 KB
ID:	366414   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zf87676.jpg
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	366415   Click image for larger version

Name:	At54361.jpg
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	366416  
Old 12-07-2005, 06:21 PM
STG

Thanks for all the info!
Old 12-07-2005, 07:55 PM
marwen1

Dave:

Tell you what. Rather than just shoving the camera on complete automatic, tell me that you will learn how to work with it on MANUAL,

There is a reason for my madness. AUTOMATIC or "P" (program).

Basically, If you KNOW how to do it manually, and when the AUTO doesn't cut it, then you are laughing much harder than most.

Try to learn basics, ask me any question you want, I'll be more than happy to fill in any blanks.

later dude,

Marshall
Old 12-07-2005, 08:40 PM
D Bronk

I suppose I need to read the book on this and study it .I`m sort of ripping myself off ,by not useing it to it`s fullest capabilities .It does things, THAT I didn`t even know it did, untill I found that link ,I posted above listing some of the features.I`m not a camera geek,I just now it`s easy to use, and does what ask of it, without being a pain in the ***** doing it. STG do me a favour and post your choice in camera.I can see your doing a lot of carefull homework on what to buy.I just would like to know why you picked one unit over another .It`ll help me, understand these little devices, better too..Marshall you`ll be the first guy i`ll come to when i need to know something ..talk to ya`ll later ...DAVE B.
Old 12-07-2005, 09:01 PM
marwen1

Once you've gone MANUAL, you'll actually understand what the AUTO stuff is doing.

Just simply start at setting the ASA or in todays world, they call it ISO
HAH! FILM SPEED.

POINT On a BRIGHT day, always use your ISO as you shutter speed @ Æ’/16

ENJOY!
Old 01-16-2006, 01:21 PM
STG

I went with the Cannon A610. Got it at video only for $255.00

With 1gb memory card I can capture 8.5min of video at VGA and 30 FPS.

The only thing I don't like is that the optical zoom can not be used while in the film mode. You can zoom to where you want it and then take the film, but you can not zoom in or out with optical zoom while filming. Digital zoom can be used, but quality is sacrificed after 2x.

Here is a short vid with it.

http://home.comcast.net/~stgflying/MINI3D.wmv

Quality has been sacrificed to compress.

Old 01-16-2006, 05:17 PM
marwen1

Are you sure that the memory is a 1 MB? That's not very much room at all. Perhaps it is a 1 GB

marwen
Old 01-19-2006, 10:07 AM
Richard L.
My Feedback: (24)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: STG

Does anyone know were I can find some samples. It seems like digital cameras are getting more and more capable of taking an OK movie.
Here are two clips recorded with the Nikon CoolPix 5400 digital camera at 15 fps:

* [link=http://www.warbirdobsession.com/cmp_spitfire/videos/show_pass.wmv]Spit Show Pass[/link]
* [link=http://www.warbirdobsession.com/cmp_spitfire/videos/figure_8.wmv]Spit Figure 8[/link]

You will get better results if you use a camcorder (even a compact one). More videos can be seen on my website.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.