Community
Search
Notices
Digital Camera & Photo Editing Discuss digital cameras in this forum. Products, comparisons, usage, tips for getting your rc photos on the web. Software photo editing and touch up tips.

inflight video phones

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2006, 11:05 PM
CRAZYRYAN
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default inflight video phones

is there a phone with a video that you could use two at the same time and send live via the video phones? i have the perfect contender to using the more expensive ways to do live video feed from other setups. i like to take a couple phones under the same verizon wirless services and mount one video phone to the aircraft and the other to your transmitter and voila!! you get unlimited range u dont have to worry about needing special liscences like ham radios liscence and expensive equipment that cost up to 600 bucks. there was one guy here on rcu that recorded what he flew and like to do that wonder how i would mount it on the plane i have a 1/4 scale clipped wing cub and sure love to see the plane and the scenery all at one shot like from the struts how would i mount it?
Old 05-19-2006, 07:10 AM
airborne

Default RE: inflight video phones

I would imagine that any two video phones could be easily made to work like this. Call one phone from the other, start the video stream and strap the camera to the plane.

However, I have my doubts as to how well it would work. The screens are pretty small and trying to view them in the sun is not the best. Also, the video feed over a cell is not the same speed/quality as a video downlink - the frames/per/second has to be significanly less. A video downlink is normally at 30-60 fps, at 640x480 screen resolution. Most phones are a quarter of that.

But, all that being said, you should be able to receive a live signal between the two.
Old 05-19-2006, 10:26 AM
CRAZYRYAN

Default RE: inflight video phones

yea didnt think of that problem ill probably just get an old video phone with out the services and somehow mount it to the struts secure iether with velcro or somthing like that.