Notices
Digital Camera & Photo Editing Discuss digital cameras in this forum. Products, comparisons, usage, tips for getting your rc photos on the web. Software photo editing and touch up tips.

Sony Cybershot H-5

Old 06-07-2007, 09:18 PM
rc10b4_racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sony Cybershot H-5

hey guys. im getting an h-5. I already know that it meets my macro requirments when equiped with m3358 macro lenses but i need to know how well it would perform in action/sports photography as i not only need it to macro my cars animals and wilderness but i need it to tack pics of rc buggy action. any special lenses or upgrades needed? also what iso and shutter speed works best for capturing rc cars under fair/good lighting (outdoors). need to know cause i was an amature photagrapher and started own a kodak c533 which was great at first but no longer can keep up to my demands and wills as a growing and learning photographer. thanks in advance. and if you own this camera please post pics you took with it
Old 08-11-2007, 10:10 AM
marwen1
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sony Cybershot H-5

I know you'll like it. My oldest daughter has one. In fact, I think we have something like either 5 or 6 different versions of the SONY CYBERSHOT cameras.

Needless to say, we like them.

marwen1
Old 01-07-2008, 01:32 AM
richg99

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Sony Cybershot H-5

I own both the Sony H5 and a Canon S3is. The cameras are similar, with each one having its better aspects. For shooting sports and action, I use the AV mode; set the lens on the lowest f stop that I can, and let the camera pick its fastest shutter speed. I use low ISOs unless I am shooting in dim lighting. None of the Ultra zooms are great in dark lighting, but they can be super in the sunlight.

All of the photos on my Flickr page were taken with the H5; a previous (now stolen) H2; or my current S3is.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/21167841@N00/

Richg99