Notices
Digital Video (DV) & Video Editing Software Discuss the use of digital video which we use to show our rc stuff off on the web. Talk about products, editing software, tips, ratings, rendering to the web, etc

pinacle studio 9

Old 12-04-2005, 05:11 PM
My Feedback: (61)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default pinacle studio 9

i've been using pinacle studio 9 plus for about a year now and found it works great. simple to use . even makes me look like a pro lol
i bought a new sony mini dv camcorder model hc-42 with a touch screen. the quaility of video is outstanding
Old 12-06-2005, 08:43 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: pinacle studio 9

Ya know that ver 10 is out now? I also have version 9 and dont know if I really need to upgrade or not. Love the program!
Old 12-06-2005, 09:24 PM

they're saying the ver. 10 has the liquid engine now. it's suposed to cut rendering time down and boost performance. i'm tempted to upgrade
Old 12-07-2005, 08:51 AM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm looking for some s/w to buy. I'm tired of using all the freeware stuff, 3 different programs to get marginal results. I'm looking for s/w that will automatically segment all the clips so I can walk away instead of doing it manually. Had problems with Roxio not doing the transistions right. Never did figure that out. So one program to do it all is what I want. Is auto clip segmenting pretty standard on the higher end programs.
Edwin
Old 12-07-2005, 09:23 AM

SPEND THE MONEY AND GET THE PINACLE. I'VE TRIED THE ULEAD PRODUCTS AND THEY ARE TWITCHY. I LOVE THE 9 PLUS I HAVE , WARBIRD_1

ORIGINAL: Edwin

I'm looking for some s/w to buy. I'm tired of using all the freeware stuff, 3 different programs to get marginal results. I'm looking for s/w that will automatically segment all the clips so I can walk away instead of doing it manually. Had problems with Roxio not doing the transistions right. Never did figure that out. So one program to do it all is what I want. Is auto clip segmenting pretty standard on the higher end programs.
Edwin
Old 12-08-2005, 08:12 PM

I second that. Studio 9 (now ver 10 is out) is the best one out there unless you want to spend better than half a grand for Adobe Premier. Premier is more for somebody that ONLY does video stuff, not somebody that just wants to make neat movies of his stuff flying etc. Studio rocks and is more than worth the $100 or so price tag.
Get it!
Old 12-09-2005, 08:06 AM

Sounds good so far. I currently use a sony tvr-250. Will studio transfer the data and does it auto separate the clips?
Edwin
Old 12-09-2005, 09:52 PM

If you have a firewire connection it will transfer the data fine. It does separate the clips also. I was looking at version 10 at Fry's today and its only $70 bucks there. Will also burn directly from your camcorder to DVD without having to store it on your PC first.
Guess I need to put it on my Xmas list!
Old 12-09-2005, 10:47 PM

I have firewire. Sounds like studio is what I want then. My office mate has used elements, didnt like it so much cause the learning curve was so long. How much time can be compressed to fit on a DVD.
Edwin
Old 12-10-2005, 01:20 AM

Edwin

You didn't mention if your camcorder is digital or analog.

If you have a digital camcorder and a firewall on your computer all you need is
the software.
If analog then you will need a card or a USB-2 analog device to transfer the video
to the computer.

If you do decide to buy Pinnacle Studio get the Studio 10. Studio 9 has one more
Version (up-grade) to go and that is 9.5, then there will be no more up-grades.

Will studio transfer the data and does it auto separate the clips?
Yes, Studio will do all that and more! You can even select your chapters manually if you want too.

Here are the prices-Studio 10 $69.99 has $20 rebate; with a PCI 500 card-$79.99;

Studio 10 Plus (has more features) $99.99 has $20 rebate; With a PCI 700 card-$149.99.

You can buy the software at-- pinnaclesys.com . Some stores also carry it.

At present I'm using Studio 9.4.3 (the last up-grade) with Linx USB Plus for analog input (LINX is no longer available).

I agree with warbird 1 and Fubar-One, but before I up-grade to Studio 10 I'll wait a while.

Hope this helps

Clarence
Old 12-10-2005, 07:20 AM

Good to know about version 9. The sony is digital. I have a linksys firewall 4 port hub. My understanding is its marginal as a firewall. Or do you mean firewire. I already have a firewire bd, is that what the pci cards are in those packages? I can check out Frys again and look at the details between 10 and 10plus. Great info. Thanks
Edwin
Old 12-13-2005, 03:16 AM

Hi Edwin

Or do you mean firewire
Yep I did mean firewire! I get firewall and firewire mixed-up.

is that what the pci cards are in those packages?
Yes, but since you have a DV camcorder you wont need a analog capture board,
unless you need to transfer video from a VCR. The board also has a firewire input.

Firewire is lot faster than USB.

I belive that there is a way to use a DV camcorder to transfer video from the VCR to
the camcorder then stright to the computer. There is forums on Pinnacle about this.

If you get the software with a rebate make sure that you keep a copy of
the filled out form and addressed envelope(all the information that you will be sending .
Pinnacle uses another company to do their rebates, and everything
has to be perfect.

I'm using a Sonny TRS-68 Hi-8 analog camcorder.
Some day when I'm rich I would like to get a 3 CCd camcorder.
Nothing like dreaming for a $1500 to $2000 camcorder.

Clarence
Old 12-13-2005, 07:40 AM

We've done pretty good with our Sony TRV-250, its digital HI-8. Earlier this year we went to Idaho for a scale masters and on the way home did a lot of wild life video. Was able to zoom in really close with good clarity to a golden eagle in flight and full frame on bull moose about 75 yds away. I didnt think it would come out very good but it did. Has some night light capability but I havent really figured out what thats good for yet. Maybe nothing. Its our first, so we'll know a lot more on the next purchase. And of course, grand daughter pictures.
Edwin
Old 12-14-2005, 02:34 PM

Well, I checked out ver. 10 at Fryes. The proc requirement says 1.2gh min. My home system is 866mhz. Will it run satisfactorily? I'm not going to upgrade hardware for a while yet and can live with a speed penalty. Got to rebuild a Ford 8N first.
Edwin
Old 12-15-2005, 01:10 PM

Not looking to bash the Pinnacle Studio software but I've heard bad things about version 8 and 9. Supposedly real unstable compared to version 7. Leo Leporte on "Call for Help" and a couple of the other fellows on the program really bad mouthed version 8 and 9 and suggested getting a copy of version 7. You can find version 7 on ebay for $15 or less. I ordered a copy of version 7 and I'm going to give it a try and see. I don't need anything fancy just some basic editing functions.

Old 12-15-2005, 09:43 PM

Ive had versions 7 thru 9 and ver 9 works the best for me. Version 10 (mediasuite) ordered and eagerly awaited.
Old 01-05-2006, 05:33 PM

I have used Premier version 4.3 thru 6.0 and switched to Studio version 8 and had great success, Studio is much easier to learn. I used version 8 upgrading to version 9 and all the version 9 patches. I have been very happy with Studio. I violated my personal rule not upgrade when a version is real new and ordered version 10 plus.

I have had it installed for 2 weeks and still don't have it working at all. I am using a Pent 4 2.4GIG processor, 512mb ram. It takes slightly over 2 minutes just to load the program and it usually locks up shortly after loading. It would not load at all until I disabled (at the suggestion of Pinnacle) all the startup programs on my computer. I was told to upgrade my nVidia video driver which I did and I haven't tried the program yet.

Has anyone else had success with version 10 or 10Plus? Anyone else had the problems I am having. I am just about ready to ask for my money back and go back to the last version of 9.
Old 01-06-2006, 12:25 AM

sidgates,

Have you tried the fourm on Pinnacle's site--pinnaclesys.com?
Go to suport then, scroll down to studio 10 plus, look for this thread--Studio 9 To Studio 10 or How I Got It To Work

There's lot of suport there.

Hope this helps,

Clarence
Old 01-06-2006, 08:07 PM

I had a lot of probs installing the ver 10 upgrade also. I have since installed the 10.1 patch. I have successfully done the direct to DVD bit but its kind of jerky. My system is 1.9ghz so its just above the min required speed. Does take a while to load. Havent edited anything yet with it.
I noticed I have a lot of other crap loading up in the task manager lately so that probably doesnt help.
Bout time to upgrade my puter anyway...
Old 01-25-2006, 12:52 AM

I took V10 back today.just on 4hours to load onto pc 2.4gig,512ddr,but video card only 64 borrows from on board ram.Not tying to knock V10 .It took ages to load as well 3 minutes mybe.
I have a BELKIN vcr usb2 adaptor very slow but works.The MGI VidoWave software that comes with it slows right down when converting to anything.Will buy a 256 ram on board video card today.
Old 02-25-2006, 09:05 AM

I recently bought Studio 10 and also bought the keys to unlock features like expanded Codex and sound files. My first impression was not good. The program would crash and it took more than three tries to finally get a movie finished. There are now new patches out that make it 10.5 version. I downloaded the patch and made my first movie without it crashing. I had Studio 8 before and it was terrible but I used it because it was feature rich. I'm hoping the Patch works and I don't have anymore problems with it. I like the simplicity of the program, just hate it that it crashed alot. I even went out and bought a second hard disk in hopes it would speed up the rendering. It did make a little difference. I'm running a Pentium 3.2 Ghz, 1 Gig ram, video card is and Nvidia with 256 meg ram, and I now have two 250 Gig hard drives. I enjoy making videos, hope you do too!

Gary
Old 02-25-2006, 09:13 AM
My Feedback: (12)

When you log into Studio 10 will it prompt you for the Patch download or should you go to Studio and download??

I to had the same problem of you, crashing, etc....expanded RAM, etc...

Link to Studio Patches??

Thaks

Roger
Old 02-25-2006, 12:26 PM

The last time I used Studio 10 it prompted me to download the patch. I saved it incase I ever need to reinstall from scratch. After loading no reboot was required. I hope it has cured the unexplained crashing problems I was encountering. I think they have a good product but I also think that they used their paying customers to be beta testers. I realize it takes time and effort to put out a good glitch free product but I think Pinnical should have spent more time product testing and not have paying customers go through all of the hassle. Just my two cents!

Gary
Old 03-01-2006, 07:29 AM

I can give you pinnacle studio 10 with serial if anyone wants it.
Old 03-02-2006, 10:56 PM

for freeeeee , gimmeee gimmeeee gimmmeeee
ORIGINAL: TREX351

I can give you pinnacle studio 10 with serial if anyone wants it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.