Notices
Digital Video (DV) & Video Editing Software Discuss the use of digital video which we use to show our rc stuff off on the web. Talk about products, editing software, tips, ratings, rendering to the web, etc

sony to computer?

Old 03-18-2006, 12:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sony to computer?

Could anyone tell me if it possible to transfer vid from my sony handycam (ccd-trv57) to my computer? Camera is about 7 years old and still works great. The only outputs it has are an audio and vidieo. It also has rfu whatever that is. Sorry, but I dont know that much about cameras. I also have a sony cybershot dsc-s40 great little camera under $170 for what I use it for. Thanks for any help.
venom
Old 03-20-2006, 08:15 AM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: sony to computer?

Venom, it IS possible, but you may have to get an interface to go between the camera and the computer. There is one called a "Dazzle" that works well and is not too expensive. Here's a link:

http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSit...o/Dazzle/?dz=1
Old 03-20-2006, 08:59 AM

Minnflyer, thankyou. I'm still not sure what i'm going to do. I want to do some in flight vids but there are so many options.I know I want to stay away from those cheap e-bay set ups but I can't afford big $. So I guess I will need to look around some more.I would like a decent camera and a reciver that I can hook up to my camcorder and then download.
Old 05-11-2006, 07:23 AM
My Feedback: (61)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

get yourself a pinnacle video capture card with the "RCA" - composite connectors built on board. the dazzle products and other devices just didn't work for me . i transfered a lot of old vhs videos onto DVD using this way. they came out good .
Old 05-11-2006, 07:38 AM
My Feedback: (2)

I used an ATI All-in-Wonder card...

basically it had TV "IN" plugs.... then used software to Capture the video..

finally upgraded my video camera so it uses DV (ieee 1394) interface.... soo much easier
Old 05-11-2006, 08:14 AM
My Feedback: (61)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

that will work too