Community
Search
Notices
Digital Video (DV) & Video Editing Software Discuss the use of digital video which we use to show our rc stuff off on the web. Talk about products, editing software, tips, ratings, rendering to the web, etc

Ive had it with JVC!

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 07:26 AM
webdr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ive had it with JVC!

I bought a JVC miniDV cam new at the beginning of the summer and from the second I tried it, it would drop sound and pixelate on the left side of the screen. I sent it into a JVC authorized repair place twice and both times they claimed they fixed it but after about 15 minutes of shooting, it was back. I then called JVC and they said that I needed to send it in to JVC repair. I mailed it to them and within two weeks, it was back, saying it was fixed. I fired it up and within 2 seconds, it was doing it again! Im so mad I will never buy another JVC product. I was on the phone with JVC customer service; they must really hate me cause I was border-line irate and they are sending me a label to return it to them AGAIN. IF its not fixed this time Im going to go ballistic. I use this camera for shooting reviews and so far, it has let me down completely and has failed to even function. JVC seems to be unable to repair it and I just hope they give me a new one because whatever they do does not seem to work.

End rant, thank you for listening.
Old 08-07-2007, 10:40 AM
uliner
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Ive had it with JVC!

They don't hate you trust me. The JVC cam corders have lots of issues in the tape mech, and moisture prevention. I have 2... stupid. There was even talk of a class action suit. Trust me compared to most, you are a statified customer of JVC......

http://jvc-class-action.blogspot.com/
Old 08-09-2007, 11:47 PM
Chasing Fear
My Feedback: (1)

uliner,

Thanks for posting this. I have a JVC DV camcorder that I bought in Oct '03. In Oct '05 the picture goes all screwy. I suspected CCD failure. Out of warranty ... so I figured out of luck. Now, low and behold, my model is listed. Now if I can just find my original receipt.

Thanks!

-Allan
Old 08-16-2007, 08:30 AM
webdr

UPDATE:
I got my camera back for the 4th time and guess what, STILL having the same issue. Pixilation on the left side of the screen and dropping sound. I fought and fought with customer service...I was even hung up on twice because I yelled at them (I honestly dont blame them, I was/am furious!)

Finally, I got a REAL person at the JVC repair center that worked on my camera and he said they could never replicate the problem when they had it so they just kept sending it back to me with a "no problems found" note. Funny how my receipt for service never said that, it always said they adjusted this or replaced that.

The service manager suggested that I bring it in and physically show them the problem happening (even though I included 3 tapes with it happening for them to view)
They suggested that I always use a new tape every time, and I told them that I do. He had no real answer after that.

Please, to prevent insanity, dont buy a JVC camcorder! Its not worth the money you save and their customer service is THE WORST in the industry.
Old 08-24-2007, 08:28 PM
unclecrash

Ive had issues with my DVL 300 for years constantly shutting down with an error number. Always having to clean the heads or mess with this error that tells you to take the battery off and wait so long and replace. half the time it don't do nothing the other half it will start working again. I finally found when it does this I tip it to the side and tap repeatedly on the tape side and it seems to work most the time this thing is garbage. I asked them when I bought it that I need a camera that will zoom in real well because I like to video deer. They tell me oh this will do just what you want 250x zoom junk you cant get past 10x zoom without it being so distorted you cant even see the deer. They never told me I would need a lens for the front to screw on to get it to zoom out real far. Im just assuming this is the problem. Can anybody tell me if my assumption is correct. Never again will I buy JVC Sony all the way!!!
Old 08-29-2007, 01:57 PM
webdr

RESOLUTION!

After a barrage of emails and phone calls to JVC and 5 repairs, JVC has decided to send me a new camera! I WON! I beat the giant that is JVC, a company that states they have no return/exchange policy.

Im very excited, lets hope this one works this time.
Old 01-15-2008, 02:19 AM
amelse

Can anyone help me where can I download the bundled software for JVC GR-D73U? I have this camcorder for years but seldom use it. Or if theres any other compatible software that will work so I can download the video to my pC.
Thank you.
Old 01-21-2008, 09:44 PM
trustfriend0
Banned

search on google, find nothing