Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Draganfly Innovations Products
Reload this Page >

Draganflyer V Ti Pro & SAVS Aerial POV Video

Community
Search
Notices
Draganfly Innovations Products Discuss all the Draganfly Innovations Products in this forum

Draganflyer V Ti Pro & SAVS Aerial POV Video

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 12:05 PM
Sky High

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Draganflyer V Ti Pro Aerial POV Video

ORIGINAL: Clement7

Yes, I'm using both upper and lower bands on the arm.. can you please post a picture of how your bands are set-up. My configuration might be incorrect (in terms of the right tension).
As long as the arm floats just above center in the retainer, that's all that matters. The upper band will need to be slid outward more and the lower band will be a little inward to achieve a centered float. Of course some bands that are larger or smaller will require different adjustments accordingly. When a band gets dried out it will begin to crack and cause sagging and needs to be replaced.

Check these posts, #33 and #34, at the link below for demo videos with and without processing to see how smooth it can be without processing. This was shot with no wind and when the ball occasionally dips, it's because the rotors are pulsing to correct the DF's stablity which is inherent. In stronger wind the ball will bounce much more which means more processing and a softer image because of it.

www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=4140876
Old 06-08-2006, 05:33 PM
Sky High

ORIGINAL: laceycopter

Fold and self correct??.. mine just fold if I go from FFF to sharp banked turn and never go back to center. I took mine off and put the one piece blades on.. I like them better. And I don't fly by power line (on purpose). I know they should self center my other heli's do... But my SAVS never does. It just gets a Bad case of the wobbles and tries to crash.
Yep, that's what I was told had actually happened while shooting that demo. When I first heard of those being used, I couldn't see how they could be used for all kinds of flight either. Maybe just for hovering and slow moving just to change position or location but not aggressive. I don't think there's enough mass to those blades for them to self correct like those big ole V blades on larger R/C helos. When are we going to see some video from your DF heli-girl?
Old 06-08-2006, 07:04 PM
Clement7

Hey Sky! Wow! I should devote more time reviewing all your posts here in rcuniverse... the splitscreen post made me realize that the bouncing camera arm concern of mine of the SAVS is very very normal! Thanks a lot Sky! Will continue digging up all your video posts..

What I use with my Powerbook to stabilize the video is a plug-in for iMovie that costs less than $50.
Old 06-08-2006, 10:08 PM
Sky High

Yep, there's plenty of info that has been posted in this forum that can answer alot of your questions. This thread has the most POV video with the new mount. Did you not see this post earlier? It has objective video of the DF flying and you can see the ball slightly moving during flight.

www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=4353122

Here is a quad-screen demo from detroitdr in that software thread.

www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=4142027
Old 06-08-2006, 11:05 PM
Blackdragan

Not sure if this is the area to post new videos. However, here is a video shot from my SAVS: www.netline.ws/storage/parkridge6.wmv
Old 06-08-2006, 11:29 PM
Sky High

Wow! You went on up there! Was there much wind that day? What kind of software do you use? Post some more soon.

Yes, this is a good place to post because it's like a video sub forum but you don't have to. Hindmost made a good point a while back and I started doing this. I'll create a post in this thread and then create another identical seperate thread too. That way people can talk about that specific video in that dedicated thread and it won't get all mixed up and lost in this larger thread. This larger thread is a good reference place to find all video threads in one place like a sub forum because it tends to stay current. I wish RCU would create sub forums but they just won't do it. You can also put a link to your seperate thread in here so that people can go to it for detailed discussion, if any.
Old 06-08-2006, 11:29 PM
laceycopter

ORIGINAL: Sky High

Fold and self correct??.. mine just fold if I go from FFF to sharp banked turn and never go back to center. I took mine off and put the one piece blades on.. I like them better. And I don't fly by power line (on purpose). I know they should self center my other heli's do... But my SAVS never does. It just gets a Bad case of the wobbles and tries to crash.
Yep, that's what I was told had actually happened while shooting that demo. When I first heard of those being used, I couldn't see how they could be used for all kinds of flight either. Maybe just for hovering and slow moving just to change position or location but not aggressive. I don't think there's enough mass to those blades for them to self correct like those big ole V blades on larger R/C helos. When are we going to see some video from your DF heli-girl?
My video's aren't near as good as yours Yet... ..But when they get a little better I will post some... I still fly to fast and to hard...I need to slow down...I'm working on it....Fast and Hard while videoing just makes ya want to Puke.. [:'(].. when ya watch them...Ha!
Old 06-08-2006, 11:54 PM
Sky High

My video's aren't near as good as yours Yet... ..But when they get a little better I will post some... I still fly to fast and to hard...I need to slow down...I'm working on it....Fast and Hard while videoing just makes ya want to Puke.. [:'(].. when ya watch them...Ha!
Oh stop! [sm=crying.gif] No, keep going! Hahaha! Okay [link=http://www.danicaracing.com/]Danica[/link], I mean Lacey, you better get some video up here after all that mouth running you've been doing. How about some [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3676178/tm.htm]objective video[/link] of your Speed Flying? You go heli-girl!!
Old 06-09-2006, 09:11 AM
Blackdragan

I am currently using Windows Movie Maker along with Steady Hand image stabilization software. I am planning on switching to Adobe Premiere as soon as RCTOYS releases their image stabilization software. There was a light breeze when this video was shot.
Old 06-11-2006, 05:09 AM
Clement7

Hey everyone! After going through (almost all) DF related posts.. all these issues about the quality of stills grabbed from 3CCD extreme cam being not that pro grade to do commercial work, I had an AHA moment and thought about my Nokia N90's built-in camera with Carl Zeiss Optics and 2 megapixel resolution which, IMO, find not that bad at all for brochure use or even web site posting.. I taped the cellphone under my SAVS and tried flying it after activating the 10sec-self-timer and to my amazement, the SAVS flew with the cellphone!

And the best part is, the controls were still responsive despite the added weight of the phone.

Now my next step is to find a worn down 2nd hand N90 (or even an N70 which is even much lighter) with working camera (we have lots of cellphone flea markets here in our country being the texting/SMS capital of the world) and strip it off from it's casing and keypads to further minimize the weight. My next concern now (should I succeed in finding a cheap working phone cam) is how to trigger the shutter. Any ideas how I can ground the wires of the shutter to trigger it while in flight?

With this set-up, no need for a video downlink since the SAVS has the Extreme Cam already. I can just align the stripped-down phone cam to the direction the Extreme Cam is pointing... plus the weight concern wont be a problem since cellphones are getting smaller every month... and the price, really cheap if i get it from a flea market cellphone vendor /repair center.

here's the sample shot of last week's experiment using the cellphone's cam attached to the SAVS:
[link=http://www.easysoftwaretech.com/n90shotsample.jpg]www.easysoftwaretech.com/n90shotsample.jpg[/link]

Again, I just crudely attached my cellphone under the base using a masking tape and activated the 10second self-timer before going into a hover. I got lucky with the framing...

Am I making any sense doing this experiment?
Old 06-11-2006, 03:48 PM
Sky High

I think image stills from the DF CCD camera are good enough for brochures and website use as long as they are reduced 25% or more in size. The images that I have pulled in the thread below are very clear even when you click on them for the larger size. Of course, I would love to get shots as good as from a megapixel camera but it's all about the weight of the camera and how to remotely trigger it. There are a few posts in this forum about these ideas.

www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3845986/tm.htm
Old 08-28-2006, 12:57 AM
Sky High

Here is another flight while hovering over some road construction with some light traffic driving underneath.

[link=http://www.jefcommunications.com/asx/helo/rcu/DFI/traffic/TRAFFIC2.asx]Traffic Report 2[/link]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki18483.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	514466  
Old 08-28-2006, 12:09 PM
scottslc

Some subjects are easier to take still from. Here's a few examples of still from a video I took at an airshow. Click on the thumbnails for full size. It was too windy at the show to go too high and there was a lot of interifieance from other networks. lol I also found out when I got home that one of the antennas from my diversity receiver had come undone. Hence the video noise. One more item for my preflight check.

Scott

http://www.slcity.com/df/videos/stuff/airshow

http://www.slcity.com/df/videos/stuff/airshow/plane.jpg
Old 10-13-2006, 01:20 AM
Sky High

Default RE: Draganflyer V Ti Pro & SAVS Aerial POV Video

This was shot a few weeks ago and is a recent extension of a housing development so it's a great place to fly because it's isolated. It was right before dark so it is a little grainy. I like it because it I was able to get really high AND it was smooth without processing.

[link=http://www.jefcommunications.com/asx/helo/rcu/DFI/various/PARKWAY-EXTENSION.asx]Parkway Extension[/link]

Name:	Rp43492.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	540282   Click image for larger version

Name:	To44495.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	540283  
Old 11-17-2006, 12:48 AM
Sky High

Default RE: Draganflyer V Ti Pro & SAVS Aerial POV Video

This is aerial video that I shot last Friday night of a local high school football game. This video is unprocessed because it was a great night for flying.

[link=http://www.jefcommunications.com/asx/helo/rcu/DFI/stadium/STADIUM-GAME.asx]High School Game[/link]

Name:	Fd90951.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	561716   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg18027.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	561717