Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Draganfly Innovations Products
Reload this Page >

Any problems using a different TX with a DF V ti?

Notices
Draganfly Innovations Products Discuss all the Draganfly Innovations Products in this forum

Any problems using a different TX with a DF V ti?

Old 10-14-2006, 11:45 PM
13BRV3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any problems using a different TX with a DF V ti?

Greetings,

I'm in the process of (trying to talk myself out of) buying a DF V ti. DFI allows you to delete the TX to save some money, and since I already have a Futaba 9C, and a Hitec Eclipse 7, I would probably chose to just use my own TX. Has anyone had problems doing this? As far as I can tell, there isn't anything special about the TX that comes with the DF.

Thanks,
Rusty
Old 10-15-2006, 06:55 AM
Fesfly

Default RE: Any problems using a different TX with a DF V ti?

I have a couple of radios now and they both work fine with the DF (both futuba). All you need is the correct crystal for your Tx, or depending on what frequencies you have now, you could just order the DF asking for a particular crystal/frequency and you should be all set.
Old 10-15-2006, 08:59 AM
13BRV3

Thanks. It's good to know there's no problem using my own TX. I've got selectable frequency modules in both radios, so as long as I get a 72 Mhz freq from DFI, I'm all set.

Cheers,
Rusty
Old 10-16-2006, 04:29 PM
dart340

The selectable frequency modules from Hitec do not work very well with the DF. It is best to have single frequency modules for your Hitec transmitters. The synthesized frequency modules seem to glitch alot.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:29 AM
13BRV3

ORIGINAL: dart340

The selectable frequency modules from Hitec do not work very well with the DF. It is best to have single frequency modules for your Hitec transmitters. The synthesized frequency modules seem to glitch alot.
Interesting. That would suggest a problem with the DF receiver to me, since the TX modules seem to work fine with other receivers. If possible, I'll try to get a freq that I have a fixed TX module for.

Thanks,
Rusty