Notices
Draganfly Innovations Products Discuss all the Draganfly Innovations Products in this forum

My First POV Videos!

Old 12-30-2006, 12:20 PM
XStroX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My First POV Videos!

Hi All,

So over Christmas I finally was able to capture some POV videos. The only way I could think of to get the darn video on my computer was to video tape the TV with my digital camera. It isn't the greatest quality but it will work for now. I have uploaded both videos to google. They are about 4 minutes long each.

Obviously I'm still getting some interference problems. I'm not sure if they are due to the vibration or just the reception of the receiver.

In the 2nd video I slammed into a 40 foot pine tree at the very top. My DF bounced all the way down to the ground hitting branches like a pin ball. Amazingly I only broke 2 nylon screws holding the propeller on and slightly cracked a motor mount. My FlightLights are still working as well I believe!

Let me know what you guys think or if you have any suggestions.

[link=http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3352175328876662283]DraganFly POV 1[/link]

[link=http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1109112764359094416]DraganFly POV 2[/link]

Stro
Old 12-30-2006, 03:09 PM
SAVS

Default RE: My First POV Videos!

Very nice! I have yet to get any video as of yet but I am close! I have to figure out what recorder to get as my DV camera will not plug into the composite jack on the receiver...Denny
Old 12-30-2006, 08:59 PM
Sky High

XStroX, what device did you record the video to? Don't worry, I've had to fish mine out of a tree a couple of times too.
Old 12-30-2006, 09:13 PM
XStroX

Sky. I received the video on our HDTV then recorded it with a Casio Exilim camerea. 3.2 megapixel but it only records video at like 320x240.

Stro
Old 12-30-2006, 10:07 PM
Sky High

What is HADTV? What format does it record to? If you're not using the camera ball mount, the high frequency vibration is coming from the airframe. I can't imagine where that interference is coming from unless there is WIFI in your house.
Old 12-30-2006, 10:14 PM
SAVS

I think he pumped it straight through his HDTV and set the video camera in front of the tv.
Old 01-01-2007, 04:46 PM
XStroX

Sorry about the typo... I meant HDTV. I don't understand where the interference is coming from either. We do not have WiFi and live in the middle of nowhere as you can see.

Stro