Community
Search
Notices
Draganfly Innovations Products Discuss all the Draganfly Innovations Products in this forum

video tx

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 07:37 PM
Fesfly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default video tx

I'm getting some more info on this, looks like an interesting (light way) to see where the Pentax is pointing. They have another product which is made specifically for attaching a digital still camera and transmitting the video but it weighs 1oz, a bit to much for my setup.

http://www.blackwidowav.com/new240050components.html
Old 01-16-2007, 09:36 PM
AeroRecon

Default RE: video tx

This is what I want to try. With my Sony T7 at 4.7oz and this video tx (using the DF battery) I am at or over the limit my DF will carry. Would THIS be the motivating factor to upgrading to the new motors?? I can trigger 5mp stills remotely but would love to have a co-pilot be able to handle the photo shoot by being able to actually see what he is shooting at.

Allen
Old 01-17-2007, 09:00 AM
Fesfly

I'm still waiting to hear back on these...but I did notice they have the same specs as the DF extreme and if you look closely it does match the size of the DF transmitter. I'll bet it would be simple enough to make/splice an adapter so that you could use the extreme transmitter setup for the still camera and switch to the small video when you wanted to use that option (obviously not at the same time).

Old 01-19-2007, 06:42 PM
Fesfly

Found out that if you can supply the regulated 5volts this will work fine. You also need to come up with a connector for the video (I was thinking of just soldering it directly to the end of a short pentax video cable). Looking at the total solution including the cable needed to attach the camera it still may be too much, well even more than I'm pushing it, for the DF. The cable has a huge RF choke that weighs about 15 grams. I'm not sure what kind of issues I would have if I removed the choke. Still may try it.