Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Draganfly Innovations Products
Reload this Page >

Cut the plug off of the charger?

Notices
Draganfly Innovations Products Discuss all the Draganfly Innovations Products in this forum

Cut the plug off of the charger?

Old 03-13-2007, 01:26 PM
SAVS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cut the plug off of the charger?

This is a battery and charger question BUT in regards to my DF so I want knowledgeable input so that is why I am posting here:

I have the Swallow Advance Charger/Discharger/Cycler. I have (3) Thunder Power (3 cell) Li-Polymer 1320 mAh/11.1V and (2) Thunder Power (3 cell) Li-Polymer 2100 mAh/11.1 batteries. These batteries have the plug that fits the charger that comes with the DF. I purchased a multi-plug for the charger so it will plug into most anything EXCEPT these batteries.

My question is can/should I cut the plug off of the charger that came with the DF and wire it onto my multi-plug and use my new charger or am I stuck using the one that came with the DF? I know this is simple for you folks but NOT to me...Thank you ahead of time...Denny

Charger Link:

http://www.batterieswholesale.com/ba...ry_charger.htm

Battery Links:

http://www.rctoys.com/rc-toys-and-pa...BATTERIES.html

http://www.rctoys.com/rc-products/K-...T1320-TWO.html
Old 03-13-2007, 07:10 PM
laceycopter

Default RE: Cut the plug off of the charger?

Hi SAVS,
Well you can cut the plug off or buy a few extra plugs from DF and make your own. Thats what I did, you can find them here:

http://www.rctoys.com/rc-toys-and-pa...ECTRONICS.html
Happy Flyin,
Lacey
Old 03-13-2007, 07:21 PM
SAVS

ORIGINAL: laceycopter

Hi SAVS,
Well you can cut the plug off or buy a few extra plugs from DF and make your own. Thats what I did, you can find them here:

http://www.rctoys.com/rc-toys-and-pa...ECTRONICS.html
Happy Flyin,
Lacey
Thank you Lacey, you are always very helpful! I wish I had know as that is where I got the batteries and it took a couple of weeks to get them. Oh well, order away...Denny
Old 03-29-2007, 08:28 AM
Hunter850
My Feedback: (1)

This is what I did to eliminate the connector from DF.

I just removed the battery plug and soldered on a male Deans Connector with a length of wire.
With this setup I can use my batteries on all of my toys.
This way you do not have to change anything on your charger. Also having a longer lead makes it easier to connect and disconnect the battery without worrying about the board as much.

My appolgies for the fuzzy picture but you get the idea.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca82752.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	652313  
Old 03-29-2007, 10:37 AM
SAVS

Good idea, but who ever the next owner is will be glad I'm not messing with the board [X(]

For Sale: Slightly used DFI SAVS with all the accessories! Moving on to EasyStar and SlowStick for my AP (coming soon!)
Old 04-03-2007, 04:36 PM
Fesfly

I like the idea of soldering on a deans connector but I have had a couple of gyro issues requiring the board be sent in to spectolutions - it would be a pain to undo whenever you have to send in the board.

Old 04-12-2007, 04:22 PM
Nicoleto

Well. You don't have to undo anything unless your DF is still under warranty. I did change the plugs for Deans connectors so I can use my batts in other RC helis an planes.
Old 04-12-2007, 06:59 PM
laceycopter

ORIGINAL: SAVS

Good idea, but who ever the next owner is will be glad I'm not messing with the board [X(]

For Sale: Slightly used DFI SAVS with all the accessories! Moving on to EasyStar and SlowStick for my AP (coming soon!)
[X(] Wow...that didn't last long...you just got it!!!
Well sorry to see ya go....good luck with the plank and the foamy.
Ya gotta fly what makes ya happy.
Lacey
Old 04-12-2007, 10:09 PM
SAVS

Well it's not a done deal (in my mind) yet but I just want to jump out of the truck, fly, take pics and video, throw it back in and move on. The SAVS is not letting me do this. The EZ and SS are fitting the bill so far. I am still not a pilot but I am getting there faster with these 2 planes. Of course I just completed a brushless on both so I can carry all the AP gear. The digital was not working well on the SAVS but the planes do not even notice them and since I went with slow fliers (semi-gliders) I can get great photos. The SS can do circles in a cul'de'sec so small areas are not a problem.

I have not given up totally yet especially when you always type about having fun and winding down with it. Not taking any offers yet...Denny

ORIGINAL: laceycopter

ORIGINAL: SAVS

[X(] Wow...that didn't last long...you just got it!!!
Well sorry to see ya go....good luck with the plank and the foamy.
Ya gotta fly what makes ya happy.
Lacey