Community
Search
Notices
Draganfly Innovations Products Discuss all the Draganfly Innovations Products in this forum

Diversity Receivers

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 03:24 PM
l8braker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Diversity Receivers

I just got a Diversity receiver from Draganfly, which is a yellowjacket, but it isn't picking up any signal! They told me there are a few firmware issues and gave me the number to the manufacturer. We haven't' figured it out yet, but do you guys have any experience with this unit? They also said this was the new version of the same receiver, but just in a smaller housing.

I'm getting much better video with the SAVS boom, and it really helps out with orientation! I'm getting more confident when I'm up high! I'd post some video, but haven't' found a good movie editor program any recommendations?

Old 04-18-2007, 06:23 PM
Sky High

Default RE: Diversity Receivers

Could you post a picture of that new receiver system?
Old 04-19-2007, 07:05 AM
l8braker

I have now sent the unit off for repair.....I didn't get the full idea of the problem, but it has something to do with amplifiers? It is going to be turned around in 24 hours and it went direct to the manufacturer in Colorado. He says it will actually work better when I get it back than originally designed.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf99471.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	667872  
Old 04-21-2007, 08:38 AM
l8braker

Got the receiver back and it is now working......well after you reverse the yellow/white RCA's that is. Don't know why you need to do that, but it at least works.

now what antenna have you guys tried? Are the patch antenna's the best? I have the right patch and a omnidirectional 2.4ghz antenna hooked up. Would I be better off getting the left patch?

When I'm up in the air I have no reception issues, but if I'm "low" 20ft or less and fly sideways I lose signal sometimes or it has static.
Old 04-23-2007, 09:25 AM
AeroRecon

Bill Strong at BWAV had something written on his site....don't know where now offhand. He stated you actually get better reception if you put the antenae on the ground....somehow if filters out side noise and interference but still gives the range and coverage you need. Might be worth trying.

Allen
Old 04-23-2007, 03:43 PM
Sky High

That's true AeroRecon. I have gotten the best results with my antennas lying on the ground with one facing straight up and the other at a slight angle just under 45 degrees. The antennas also don't need to be near any metal enclosures or fences.
Old 04-24-2007, 06:51 AM
l8braker

ORIGINAL: Sky High

The antennas also don't need to be near any metal enclosures or fences.
I figured metal would help [&:] But I typically have been on the ground with the antennas. Has any one made their own setup to walk around with? I think I'm going to modify a pelican case to do what I need.
Old 04-24-2007, 11:27 AM
l8braker

Here is a quick video of my draganflyer with the LED lights. Landed harder than normal, but wasn't too bad.

http://rcuvideos.com/item/F84NPBWWQMRV86R1