Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Draganfly Innovations Products
Reload this Page >

Draganflyer gyro problems...

Notices
Draganfly Innovations Products Discuss all the Draganfly Innovations Products in this forum

Draganflyer gyro problems...

Old 06-23-2007, 05:36 AM
high_flyer_1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Draganflyer gyro problems...

Hey guys, I just bought a new Draganflyer and it appears that the pitch gyro is not working properly or at all.

I’ve held it flat in my hand with the throttle up at about 40%, and when I tilt it forwards and backwards there is no noticeable response in the front/rear rotors.

Since I just received it a couple of days ago, I don’t really want to send it back for repairs… I just emailed DFI to see if they can just send me a replacement gyro which I can easily replace myself.

Anyways, at the risk of sounding stupid, I’m not 100% sure which gyro controls the pitch – if someone could point it out to me that would be great.

Thanks,

Jeremy
Old 06-23-2007, 08:51 AM
BB_DF

Default RE: Draganflyer gyro problems...

Jeremy,
The pitch gyro would be the one mounted on the vertical board. My suggestion, however, would be to make arrangements with DFI to return the controller board for exchange. There could be something else wrong, and it could get pretty messy if you try to fix it yourself. Besides, a brand new board that was supposedly tested, and doesn't work, needs a post mortem at the factory for the benefit of future buyers. I know it's a little hard, but in the long run you might be grounded for a lot shorter time.

- Bruce
Old 06-23-2007, 05:00 PM
high_flyer_1

Default RE: Draganflyer gyro problems...

Thanks Bruce, So it's the one on the right side of the board mounted vertically (same side as the receiver)?

And thanks for the advice, I'll wait to hear back from them next week.

Jeremy