Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Draganfly Innovations Products
Reload this Page >

Safari Vest - Portable Observer Rx

Community
Search
Notices
Draganfly Innovations Products Discuss all the Draganfly Innovations Products in this forum

Safari Vest - Portable Observer Rx

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 06:33 PM
BB_DF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Safari Vest - Portable Observer Rx

This turns out to work great for the observer. He can easily move around unencumbered. We used one polarized antenna, the small DF receiver, along with some fully enclosed video glasses, and the Coby recorder. The recorder and glasses are stored in the two lower pockets, and all the wiring goes in a slot behind one of the pockets. I just had to punch two holes for the antenna wire. The observer said the picture was incredible, like watching a wide-screen TV outside in broad daylight. I'll post some video we shot with this later...

Ciao,
Bruce
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx71624.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	721698   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bw71309.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	104.1 KB
ID:	721699  
Old 07-12-2007, 10:27 PM
Sky High

Default RE: Safari Vest - Portable Observer Rx

DFI said that they had considered a vest setup for easier portability a while back. I have a photographer's vest like the one you have shown. Let us know how it works out. [link=http://www.kata-bags.com]Kata[/link] makes some cool utility vests for still, video and security applications. I use alot of their products for my video gear. I wouldn't advise going near any airports or government buildings with that vest and all of those wires hanging out though.
Old 07-13-2007, 12:40 AM
BB_DF

Default RE: Safari Vest - Portable Observer Rx

ORIGINAL: Sky High
I wouldn't advise going near any airports or government buildings with that vest and all of those wires hanging out though.
Ha! I have no desire to explore the business end of an M-16! Thanks for the link to KATA. Here's some video we shot. The camera's got more of a fish-eye look because it's not the standard SAVS camera - it's the other camera, off the DF V Ti Pro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1PQEH9PWDY

- Bruce