Community
Search
Notices
Draganfly Innovations Products Discuss all the Draganfly Innovations Products in this forum

Ti problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 05:37 AM
msarid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ti problem

when I try to fly(outside) with Ti on the D\F is shaking without control. during calibration process I receive two green lite.
With Ti off it fly great.
Please help

Moti
Old 08-03-2007, 09:09 AM
BB_DF

Default RE: Ti problem

Moti,
It will wobble badly if calibrated/armed over a hot surface, like asphalt, and often lose control and crash. This is because the DF now expects to see a very large temp difference between the ground and the sky all the time, which is not what it actually encounters once you fly it over cooler surfaces like grass and dirt. This is called "too much gain". If you're going to fly only over asphalt, like a stadium parking lot, it's just fine to calibrate there, because that's what the DF will be "seeing" during its flight. However remember that the view of the DF is greatly widened once it gains some altitude, which is why calibrating over asphalt is usually a bad idea. Even when flying over asphalt it is better to calibrate over grass.

It will shake like you described if you calibrate, but forget to level it. After you arm it, put it on a flat surface away from any hot objects, people, cars, etc. Press the throttle lever down and to the right for three seconds. At that point it is looking only for variations in the readings of the 4 sensors, and hot vertical objects that it "sees" when you level it will skew the horizon. You could walk over to the side of a parking lot and calibrate over grass, then set the DF down in the middle of the parking lot away from cars and buildings (even if the flat surface is hot), back away from it, and set level. That should give you an ideal calibration/level.

Ciao,
Bruce
Old 08-03-2007, 09:31 AM
msarid

ORIGINAL: BB_DF

Moti,
It will wobble badly if calibrated/armed over a hot surface, like asphalt, and often lose control and crash. This is because the DF now expects to see a very large temp difference between the ground and the sky all the time, which is not what it actually encounters once you fly it over cooler surfaces like grass and dirt. This is called "too much gain". If you're going to fly only over asphalt, like a stadium parking lot, it's just fine to calibrate there, because that's what the DF will be "seeing" during its flight. However remember that the view of the DF is greatly widened once it gains some altitude, which is why calibrating over asphalt is usually a bad idea. Even when flying over asphalt it is better to calibrate over grass.

It will shake like you described if you calibrate, but forget to level it. After you arm it, put it on a flat surface away from any hot objects, people, cars, etc. Press the throttle lever down and to the right for three seconds. At that point it is looking only for variations in the readings of the 4 sensors, and hot vertical objects that it "sees" when you level it will skew the horizon. You could walk over to the side of a parking lot and calibrate over grass, then set the DF down in the middle of the parking lot away from cars and buildings (even if the flat surface is hot), back away from it, and set level. That should give you an ideal calibration/level.

Ciao,
Bruce
Hi Bruce
Thank you for your help.
Have a nice weekend
Moti
Old 08-10-2007, 08:52 AM
msarid

Moti,

Ciao,
Bruce
Hi bruce
I flew the DF today and again I got the same problem, i calibrate the DF over dry grass, the color is more brown then green so maybe
this is the problem or there is another reason.

have a nice weekend
Moti
Old 08-10-2007, 01:41 PM
Sky High

msarid, the color of the grass doesn't have any affect on the Ti circuit. It wasn't cloudy when you trying to fly was it? Is there any way you could post some video of what your DF is experiencing? Try going to a large open field anytime or a parking lot a few hours before dark so its surface is cooler and let us know what happens. To get a better idea of what an acceptable environment to fly in looks like, just look at the surroundings on video we've all posted with successful flights.
Old 08-10-2007, 01:44 PM
BB_DF

Sky's right about the calibration. You didn't say anything about how you set the level, which is just as important as the calibration.

-Bruce
Old 08-10-2007, 03:19 PM
msarid

Sky's right about the calibration. You didn't say anything about how you set the level, which is just as important as the calibration.

-Bruce
HI all
I calibrate exactly according Bruce recomandation. It was suny day no cloud Temp. 85F no wind.
The intersting point is that I received the same phenomena on my airplane model with FMA Copilot so i think that the promlem in the IR reading and there is too much heat from the ground that confused the Ti system, so i take your advise and calibrated again.
If you have more info just let me know.
thanks for your help
Moti