Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Draganfly Innovations Products
Reload this Page >

AP Wire video of new quad copter

Notices
Draganfly Innovations Products Discuss all the Draganfly Innovations Products in this forum

AP Wire video of new quad copter

Old 08-09-2007, 10:04 AM
AeroRecon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AP Wire video of new quad copter

http://video.ap.org/vws/search/aspx/...irecam&f=vafre

Just saw this on the AP video wire. Looks really cool. Could not hear the audio where I am right now so I don't know if they say what it is. Has anyone seen this thing?

-Allen
Old 08-09-2007, 10:28 AM
BB_DF

Default RE: AP Wire video of new quad copter

That's the [link=http://www.microdrones.com/]Micro Drone[/link]. It's the most advanced of the quad helis, and can be yours for a mere $20K.

-Bruce
Old 08-09-2007, 02:44 PM
AeroRecon

$20K??? The video looks like a low power, wavy, noisy CMOS camera, and watching the brief flight, it was hardly what I would call stable. I thought that one was supposed to be the best? Hmmmm....
Old 08-09-2007, 04:32 PM
Sky High

ORIGINAL: AeroRecon

$20K??? The video looks like a low power, wavy, noisy CMOS camera, and watching the brief flight, it was hardly what I would call stable. I thought that one was supposed to be the best? Hmmmm....
You said it AeroRecon! That video was nearly as bad as the basic DF eyecam and it looked to be black & white too because that video for the news story was probably shot from an LCD monitor.. Yuck! [:'(] That story ran all over the world a couple of months ago. That wasn't the best demo they could have used as far as stability either. I thought it was more than $20K. Maybe it has additional options for the more expensive versions.
Old 08-09-2007, 08:27 PM
Old Man Mike

This is the only reason I would want a Micro Drone:

http://www.microdrones.com/downloads..._200_part3.wmv

After the brushless DF conversion is completed, maybe GPS could be the next challenge.

Mike

Old 08-09-2007, 10:19 PM
Fire Fly

Hey all, here is my first post here...woooooo hoooooo I have been reading the forums for some time now and finally signed up.

I just got an e-mail from MicroDrone and its more like $50k+ The $20k is just for the Drone, you still need the base station for $19k and video equipment which just adds to the cost.

I do have to admit that its the best of the best right now.
Old 08-10-2007, 01:31 AM
Sky High

ORIGINAL: Old Man Mike

This is the only reason I would want a Micro Drone:

http://www.microdrones.com/downloads..._200_part3.wmv
Now that was impressive! They have apparently added some new demo videos since I visited last. There were several videos that were just unbelievable. There was one that had three flying at once and two flew into one another and locked rotors and they both recovered and continued flying as if nothing had happened. Then, there was one where they intentionally flew one into the bushes three times to show the overload protection and it flew with no adjustments when removed from the bushes each time. Then there was the one that instead of a typical Tx the pilot held a small box about 6" x 3"x .75" that apparently had inertial sensors so all he had to do was to change the pitch of the box in his hand to fly the helo. Finally, there was one where the helo just hung around a house looking into windows and tilting the camera up and down and flying over a few rooves. Absolutely impressive!
Old 08-12-2007, 02:07 AM
Fire Fly

The handheld box looked like a man's electric shaver. For the price they are charging for the MD you would think they could use a custom housing or something a little more professional looking
Old 08-12-2007, 02:11 AM
Sky High

ORIGINAL: Fire Fly

The handheld box looked like a man's electric shaver. For the price they are charging for the MD you would think they could use a custom housing or something a little more professional looking
I thought the same thing but I'm sure alot of those demos were using unfinished proto-type devices.
Old 08-12-2007, 09:03 AM
BB_DF

ORIGINAL: Fire Fly

It is an electric shaver case. It's just a proof of concept demo and not for sale.
Old 08-12-2007, 01:29 PM
Dirk Schooner

Mersyside (Liverpool) police force here in the UK have recently 'invested' in one of these (looks the same) for crime reduction, good to see tax payers money being spent wisely I did post a video of this on youtube, but BBC got it taken down. So here is a link to it: (6MB)

http://www.digithull.com/policeuav.mov
Old 08-12-2007, 01:55 PM
Sky High

The video looked much better in that one.