Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Draganfly Innovations Products
Reload this Page >

LANDING GEAR FOR DRAGANFLYER SAVS

Community
Search
Notices
Draganfly Innovations Products Discuss all the Draganfly Innovations Products in this forum

LANDING GEAR FOR DRAGANFLYER SAVS

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 08:02 AM
KAROS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LANDING GEAR FOR DRAGANFLYER SAVS

HI FOR ALL OF YOU HUNTING ABOUT FOR A SUITABLE LANDING GEAR OR JUST SOMTHING TO INCREASE THE DF SAVS FOOTPRINT CHECK OUT THIS LINK

http://www.jperkinsdistribution.co.u...%20-%20Twister

HOPE THIS WILL BE OF SOME USE TO YOU ALL
ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS ARE WELCOME PLEASE JOIN IN

http://www.modelhelicopters.co.uk/ac...lUC.html#a8736
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr51014.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	739376   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yu63797.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	739377   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez83675.gif
Views:	16
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	739379  
Attached Images  
Old 08-10-2007, 10:15 AM
dmcfirestar500

Default RE: LANDING GEAR FOR DRAGANFLYER SAVS

I bought 2 sets of these when I bought my roswell flyer and the flyer is so heavy that the thin graphite poles used flex enough so that they barelly help at all. When on the ground the bottom of the flyer still sits on the ground and the rods flex enough to not even hold the flyer level on the ground. I think that a better solution would be implementing landing struts similar to the ones that are on the microdrones, just have to find something that fits well.

If you do go with these I found that using some sort of spacer to mount them a few inches below the bottom of the flyer helps some but still probably not the solution your looking for.
Old 08-10-2007, 10:38 AM
KAROS

AGREED FIRESTAR
YOU COULD ALSO USE UNIVERSAL HELECOPTER LANING STRUTS AND MOUNT THEM ON THE CARBON BASE WITH THE ABOVE MOUNTED IN BETWEEN WHICH IS WHAT THEY WERE INTENDD FOR BASIC STABALISERS
Old 08-10-2007, 01:23 PM
Sky High

KAROS, there a several innovative landing strut design threads/posts throughout this forum. Here is one that a DF owner made that looks very similar to what you posted.
Old 08-10-2007, 01:30 PM
KAROS

SKY HIGH
I KNOW THERE ARE VARIATIONS AND A NUMBER ON THIS FORUM
IM MERELY POINTING OUT AND TRYING TO BE HELPFUL BY SHOWING MEMBERS THAT YOU CAN BUY PRODUCTS THAT WILL SUFFICE AND IN THE CASE OF THE DESIGN YOU SHOW , IT IS PERMAMENTLY FIXED TO THE CARBON FIBRE BASE THE ONE I SHOW CAN BE DETACHED QUICLY AS IT IS HELD ON VIA ELASTIC BANDS IM ALWAYS LOOKING TO INNOVATE IN WHATEVER WAY WE CAN ALL FIND USEFUL

ROSS
Old 08-10-2007, 02:20 PM
Sky High

ORIGINAL: KAROS

... IM MERELY POINTING OUT AND TRYING TO BE HELPFUL BY SHOWING MEMBERS THAT YOU CAN BUY PRODUCTS THAT WILL SUFFICE ...

... IM ALWAYS LOOKING TO INNOVATE IN WHATEVER WAY WE CAN ALL FIND USEFUL ...
Me too. That's why I posted that link. Thanks.

Old 08-10-2007, 02:32 PM
KAROS

HI SKY HIGH
IVE BEEN POPING IN AND OUT OF THIS FORUM SINCE I GOT MY DRAGANFLYER SAVS AND I THINK ITS A GREAT FORUM IVE LEARNT A LOT FROM READING THE POSTS
IM AT PRESENT LEARNING TO FLY AS ALTHO I GOT MY MACHINE LAST NOVEMBER MY FATHER DIED AND IVE BEEN VERY ILL BUT IM STILL PERSEVERING AND INDEED THE ONLY THING I DONT LIKE ABOUT THE MACHINE IS THE FACT THAT FOR THE MONEY A STURDIER LANDING GEAR WOULD HAVE BEEN PRUDENT
I ACTUALLY OWN A DIGITAL MULTIMEDIA VIDEO BUSINESS WHICH IS WHY I AQUIRED THE SAVS TO BRANCH INTO ARIEL VIDOGRAPHY SO NO DOUBT ILL BE SHARING MY EXPLOITS AND INNOVATIONS WHICH WILL HOPEFULLY HELP OTHERS AS IVE BEEN HELPED MYSELF, MORE POWER TO YOU AND THANKS FOR THIS FORUM
KINDEST REGRDS
ROSS
Old 08-10-2007, 03:12 PM
BB_DF

Welcome, Ross. I couldn't find any examples of it off-hand, but I've seen a lot of quadros using a flat springy metal loop or half-circle running from the motor mount to the main hub under each motor support arm. Maybe somebody knows where to find a picture of it for you. A lot of the home-built jobs use that approach.

Cheers,
Bruce
Old 08-10-2007, 05:56 PM
Sky High

ORIGINAL: BB_DF

.. I've seen a lot of quadros using a flat springy metal loop or half-circle running from the motor mount to the main hub under each motor support arm. ...
Yes, I've seen that and large nylon zip ties bowed under the rotor arms to the midsection. I personally like the forks on the latest Microdrone.
Old 08-13-2007, 02:45 PM
KAROS

Hi all back again
does anyone have any pics of these microdrone forks
cheers
ross
Old 08-13-2007, 02:47 PM
KAROS

cheers Bruce ill look into that
ive starte to design a crbon firbre setup and will post when complete
regards
Rossd
Old 08-14-2007, 02:12 AM
Sky High

ORIGINAL: KAROS

... does anyone have any pics of these microdrone forks ...
They are also known as struts or skids.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd92875.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	741804   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ie98396.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	741805  
Old 08-14-2007, 08:00 AM
KAROS

Thank s sky, this is the type of thing im working but im utilising a standard skid kit like the pics i first posted but im going to design a wider footprint as the microdrone skids will still allow you to plough thw feld should you land on an angle , my goal is to stop the df from catching the ground with the props and cartwheeling ,my solution is that a reasonable size footprint will stop this occuring or at least cause the angled landing to be forced dowm flat onto its base instead of momentum carrying it onto the arms and props
what do you think
kindest regards ross
as i say ill post when complete just awaing universal skid ki to arrive
Old 09-28-2007, 10:55 PM
FL_PI

May I just drop in with an unsolicited idea that I have been toying with?

I will assume for the conversation you have seen the "landing gear" applied by using some pieces of wire or wire wraps and forming basically half a loop below the motor mounts to the center of the craft.

What *I* have been toying with is devising something similar using the stainless steel blade support from used windshield wipers. After you strip them out of the wiper blade, they are approximately 3/16" or less wide, and as long as the blade you rip them from and are VERY durable as they are stainless steel of a decent gauge, thus they would provide both strength AND support along with some "spring" action for hard landing and also allow you to create a wider "footprint" that would assist in keeping the blades out of the grass or dirt.

I have not done so basically because I have so little time after work. I work ten to 16 hour days six days a week and mostly use Sundays to catch up on paperwork I didn't get done during the week.

But I am still keeping an eye out for some used blades... Oh, and they don't Weigh much either. I've not got a scale yet, but in hand they feel real light.....

Another idea that I thought of when I first saw your pictures was the shape and size of a tomato plant support, but I couldn't find a picture to post to explain it. Basically it has three verticals and two different size rings forming pretty much a "cone" shape, that I thought if you could construct something similar to be lighter than what they sell at gardening shops it could be fitted to give you a raised platform and a wider footprint if you were to mount it inverted with the largest ring at the bottom. You might be able to make one with the scrap steel from the blades mentioned above.... maybe even some bamboo strips?

Just a thought...

Ed[8D]