Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Draganfly Innovations Products
Reload this Page >

dragonflyer 5 ti my questions

Notices
Draganfly Innovations Products Discuss all the Draganfly Innovations Products in this forum

dragonflyer 5 ti my questions

Old 01-06-2008, 10:33 PM
Burts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dragonflyer 5 ti my questions

Well ive had the dragonflyer for many years, the 3 and then the 5 ti, I recently started flying the dragonflyer 5 again after quite a long time and have some questions that I never found the answers too. Im pretty sure my dragonflyer was the one with the extra channels for the multi channel transmitters to enable the thermal leveling.

Here are my questions:

!. To improve leveling place it on a level surface, stand back 10-15 ft and hold the left stick full down and right.
Do you do this before or after arming the dragonflyer?

2. Automatic land feature, fly dragonflyer till perfectly stable, land and hold the rudder full left press the arming button to save trim settings.
Do you also do this while its still armed?? Dont they mean hold the rudder down and full left if the dragonflyer is still armed, else at neutral left it will be turning.

3. I have a futaba 9cap radio and I havnt flown my gas choppers in years so I forget whice is the landing gear switch. Which one is it? And what is the purpose of this switch, is it just to disarm the thermal leveling? Do you now have to flip the switch so its in thermal leveling position then activate it doing the same procedure as before?

Ive been a member to this site for a long time but forgot my username and account info since I havnt been flyin my choppers for years, god I look at my radios functions and I think to myself, how am I ever goin to relearn to setup and fly my raptors again
Old 01-06-2008, 11:49 PM
Aargh

Default RE: dragonflyer 5 ti my questions

Burts,

I don't know the answer to questions 2 and 3, but I do know the answer to question 1:

You do this after arming the Draganflyer. When I'm flying with TI enabled (which is really about the only way I can control the Draganflyer), I do this everytime I land, right before taking off again.

--
Aargh
Old 01-07-2008, 03:16 AM
RipFree

Default RE: dragonflyer 5 ti my questions

They didn't make it clear in the manual.

2)you land it and press the arming button while it is still armed holding the rudder full left and down.

3) Basically, the switch and startup procedure make an AND gate. So if you flip the switch to enabled and enable it on the df, it will fly with ti. Otherwise, it wont. But in midflight, if you've programmed the ti, you can turn the switch back on to turn the ti on

This is what i think. I may be wrong.