Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Draganfly Innovations Products
Reload this Page >

Trying to decide on a RC Helicopter

Community
Search
Notices
Draganfly Innovations Products Discuss all the Draganfly Innovations Products in this forum

Trying to decide on a RC Helicopter

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 08:15 AM
cbravo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trying to decide on a RC Helicopter

I am trying to decide on a model that would suit me..bought a little one for Christmas (Performer Super Helicopter from Buy.com)..Basic..Just for the fun..No range virtually impossible to fly but I did get it going..
Trying to decide on something with more control and flight time..Also something not so frail..My Favourite was Blue Esky 4-Channel Coco Lama V4 Revolution but I was told it was difficult to fly..Other considerations ..New Walkera 7 CH Dragonfly 1#B CCPM 3D Aerobatic..New Falcon 40 4-Channel rc helicopter ..ESky HoneyBee II RC 4CH Helicopter Mark 2..2007 Newest Upgrade Version Eagle50 3D Aerobatic 6-Channel or if I could squeeze a little more funds the
2007 New Esky 6 CH Honey Bee King 2 CCPM 3D Aerobatic ..Any suggestions
Old 01-12-2008, 01:42 PM
RipFree

Default RE: Trying to decide on a RC Helicopter

Well, some of the reasons i like the DF are; the manuverability of it. Four motors give it alot of thrust for an electric heli and makes it feel truly manageable. One of my buddies has a heli (a t-rex i belive, not sure but it is electric) and even though it could go much faster, he couldn't fly it inside (the normal heli design makes the prominent motor a deathtrap), and it could NOT descend quickly. In fact, cuttting the rotors was a huge no-no.

Another advantage of it over the T-rex is that the t-rex makes a hell of a lot of noise and if you crash the t-rex, game over.

But it is almost 3 times the price of the T-rex, and the DF wasn't made to do tricks. I think the T-rex can fly upside down, i'm not sure.

Basically, If you want to enjoy the thrill of flying, buy the DF. If you wan't a heli that can put your friends in awe and (possibly) enter competitons and if you like to add and adjust parts to improve flying/tricks, get the T-rex.

I've only had experiance with the DF and T-rex so don't take my word, but i can tell you that I prefer the DF
Old 01-13-2008, 10:09 PM
Sky High

Default RE: Trying to decide on a RC Helicopter

If you're not already aware, [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_228/tt.htm]Here[/link] is the main helo directory and [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_129/tt.htm]here[/link] is the general helo forum. These are where more users of the types of helos that you described hang out.