Notices
Draganfly Innovations Products Discuss all the Draganfly Innovations Products in this forum

New TI-V owner

Old 09-08-2008, 01:32 PM
va3mw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New TI-V owner

So... where to start. I've lots of what is here and I'm hoping that someone can take a few minutes as a checkpoint and recommend what to do next.

I've:
[ul]
spent about 10 hours on the simulator- still need more
have done some pretty nice flying
have done some 'not so nice' flying
have not blown a fuse
have not broken a blade
have busted every vertical riser and 1 carbon arm (strapping the Olympus camera to the bottom sounded like a good idea at the timeit crashed so hard that it didn't actually save the movie). Both DF and camera are now fine.
need to practice some higher flying
upgraded the GWS transmitter to a Futaba 6EXP
have experienced the dreaded power drop
[/ul]

Sadly, these are the things I had to fix once I received my DF. On my first hard landing, the cold solder joint on the battery lead to the mother board let go. I had to resolder that. The charger didn't come with the balance cable, so I went to a local RC shop and picked up a better charger/cable. When the balance cable arrived, I found out that shipped charger for the LIPO battery didn't work. DFI has been good to fix most of these and address them, however, there quality control out the door wasn't the best that week.

That being said, I would like to start collecting parts to do the brushless conversion. I have reviewed Mike's presentation. I gather I should send in my board to Mike D for an upgrade (or, do the new boards already have this?). BTW, Mike and others, amazing, amazing writeups.

I have no issues with adding the 100K pots to dampen some of the over corrections for TI. Again, does this apply to the stock motherboard? Any other recommended modifications (I don't mind doing them myself) and I know to hold the cooler end of a soldering iron. http://image2-0.rcuniverse.com/e1/forum/micons/m10.gif. I also need to improve the TI as I have to deal with mosquitos as well.

Blades? Where else are people finding blades other than those from RCToys. I have no problems ordering from them as I am in Canada (that is a pleasant change as 99% of the stuff I order has to come over the boarder). I have both the folding and stock blades. Recommendations?

I apologize if this has all been answered at some point, but if you can point me and future newbies in the right direction, I would appreciate it.

Mike
Old 09-08-2008, 01:41 PM
cablek

Default RE: New TI-V owner

What simulator are you using?
Old 09-08-2008, 02:05 PM
va3mw

Default RE: New TI-V owner

The one that came with the TI-V. FMS 2.0.