RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Draganfly Innovations Products (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/draganfly-innovations-products-403/)
-   -   Custom Camera Mount (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/draganfly-innovations-products-403/5151083-custom-camera-mount.html)

Blackdragan 12-23-2006 01:13 AM

Custom Camera Mount

These pictures were taken with a custom camera mount attached to my Draganflyer. As you can see, this camera mount turns the Draganflyer into an effective platform for taking "Still Pictures". It also allows you to shoot high quality movies without any video interference. http://draganflyer.smugmug.com/gallery/2240132

Feel free to use the "Gallery Comment" below each picture.

vi360 12-23-2006 03:04 AM

RE: Custom Camera Mount

Nice photos. So what is your camera and how did you mount it? i see you got the camera in a portrait position as well. I think I have a workable mount, but I am still learning to fly the DF. So far I find the DF easier to fly with my camera mount (and a dummy camera weight) than without. By the way, the viewer arrows on your slideshow are logically backwards.

reno.24 12-23-2006 03:21 AM

Hello blackdragan,

Do you have some pics of your camera mount ?

Is it much more difficult to fly the draganflyer with it ?

Sky High 12-23-2006 05:13 AM

Yes, that is very nice work! I couldn't get that image scroller to stop scrolling either. [>:] It was like moving target practice to click an image. :D Do you have any video shot from that camera too? I'll bet he's not going to show the mount to protect its design.

vi360 12-23-2006 05:22 AM

Why the secrets for the camera mount? If I come up with something that works, I will show it off and brag .... lol.

Fesfly 12-23-2006 08:53 AM

Very nice pics, well done! I would like to see some video as well.

I read somewhere that one guy didn't want to show his camera mount because his AP work was his business and he didn't want everyone on the block in it.

SAVS 12-23-2006 09:20 AM

Very Nice! I think it is a good idea to NOT show the mount, why you ask? Simply because sometimes seeing how something works puts your mind in a box and will hamper further thinking and development. What we should take from these fabulous pictures is that it can be done and done well. Any way if I did see the camera mount I would make one and move to SD and steal blackdragan's business...[sm=drowning.gif] I like this one because it looks like snow in SD, I just love snow; NOT!

All kidding aside...Great job blackdragan

TheHindmost 12-23-2006 10:24 AM

Great shots! Some interesting subjects, too...So did the police actually talk to you, or did you just happen to get a shot a of a patrol car there at the end? :D

Will

reno.24 12-23-2006 10:36 AM

blackdragan is a nice guy...i'm sure he will post some pics of his camera mount :D

vi360 12-23-2006 02:39 PM

Seeing and sharing different ideas sparks creativity not stunt it.
If someone seriously wants to get in on your business, they need only hire you once for a shoot to see how you do it.
I am thinking DF flying is illegal in SD, something about getting high, I am not sure?

Blackdragan 12-26-2006 06:42 PM

Sky,

You should be able to stop the pictures from scrolling by placing your pointer on or between the thumb nail pictures. You can also click the "Next" arrow to view the pictures, which is located on the top left side of the thumb nails. There is also a "Next" buttom located on the lower left side under the larger center picture.

http://draganflyer.smugmug.com/gallery/2240132

Here is a link of a video I took with the custom camera mount. Other then editing the length of the video, there has been no other post editing. Do to the wind, this is not the best video, but it gives you an idea of what can be acheived.

http://www.netline.ws/draganflyer/Movie_0003.wmv

vi360 12-26-2006 07:14 PM

Thank you Blackdragan for the video! Wonderful. What is the camera? I like the added real helicopter sounds.

Sky High 12-27-2006 02:10 AM

Yes, the video is very clear and smooth. How much is that file recompressed after editing?

reno.24 12-27-2006 04:32 AM

Maybe it's me...but i think there is a problem with your video link blackdragan.

Blackdragan 12-27-2006 10:30 AM

Reno.24,

I checked the link and the video played without any problems. It does take a while for the video to buffer before it plays, so be sure and give it enough time. What kind of problem are you having?

reno.24 12-27-2006 10:54 AM

When i click on your link, i have a white page without anything on it.

Sorry, i suppose i have a problem with my own computer...;)

PS : So...is it true you want to keep your camera mount secret ? :D

flyingdutchie 12-27-2006 11:14 AM

Reno,try to copy the url and paste it into mediaplayer (ctrl+u = open url).Works fine.

reno.24 12-27-2006 11:51 AM

Thanks Flying...it works now. ;)

Very impressive video !

TheHindmost 12-27-2006 12:35 PM

Very impressive video!

Now, about that camera and mount... ;)

Will

reno.24 12-27-2006 12:56 PM

Blackdragan, i wanted to ask you a question :

is it more difficult to fly the draganflyer when your camera mount is attached to it ?

vertigo72480 12-27-2006 01:05 PM

All you need now on that video is a voice over giving the traffic report. It sounds like the real thing with the wind buffeting the microphone. That's great!

Sky High 12-27-2006 07:46 PM

Blackdragan, do you use the new or standard motors?

Blackdragan 12-27-2006 08:49 PM

Sky,

I am currently using the standard motors. I used the new motors when they first came out. I found the strong magnets in the new motors kept one or two of the blades from easily spinning when you begin to apply throttle during take off. It seemed I had to apply excessive throttle before all the motors would begin to spin. Not having all the motors spinning at the same time caused the DF to tilt to one side or the other before take off, which makes for a more challenging take off! I also had two severe crashes with the new motors. One time all the motors stopped completely and another time one of the motors seemed to stop for a short period of time, which caused the DF to go out of control and crash. I have never had this problem with the standard motors. I have not seen any comments about this from other members, so maybe everyone is having better luck with the new motors then I did.

Sky High 12-27-2006 09:03 PM

Well, I did have a similar issue when I first got those new motors but I'm not sure if it was the motors or not. It just quit and fell but luckily it was over grass and was only about 20 ft high. It seems like my problem is an issue with the flight board and the video transmitter board being compatible. You are right about the new motors being a bit too rigid for a spin up. I don't like how they start up or suddenly stop after landing either. Were you aware that the gold bottom has to be front or back and the silver bottom has to be left or right? According to DFI, they will work if mixed but not with maximum efficiency. It has something to do with their inner windings. I have never had any problems with the standard motors either, except for wearing them slap out! :D

Were you flying with or without Ti for those stills and video?

vi360 12-28-2006 01:38 AM

What camera do you use in the stills and video?