Go Back  RCU Forums > Aircraft - electric – Multi-rotors (Drones) > Drones Talk
Reload this Page >

Are Tricopters, Quadcopters and Octocopters, Considered Drones, Due To Media Hype?

Notices
Drones Talk This forum is for Multi-Rotor pilots and enthusiasts to talk about subjects that don’t quite fit into any other forum.
View Poll Results: Drones, or Not to Drone
They're just what they are...Big boy toys!
20.00%
Nothing more, than helicopters, on steroids!
60.00%
Drones!
20.00%
Who cares?! Just go fly!
20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Are Tricopters, Quadcopters and Octocopters, Considered Drones, Due To Media Hype?

Old 12-24-2014, 09:19 PM
Maximilionalpha

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are Tricopters, Quadcopters and Octocopters, Considered Drones, Due To Media Hype?

What's you view, on the matter? Do you consider these rc aircraft to be drones, or is the term drone, a bit over the top, due to media sensationalism?
Old 03-18-2015, 10:33 AM
108buzz
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It depends. Is it fully autonomous or line of sight? Look at a dictionary, it will give you the answer, but to answer your question. The media has proven recently that they do not research and get accurate facts, but are ignorant at times and do not know what they are talking about. Its about getting a story to put on the news channel.