Go Back  RCU Forums > Aircraft - electric – Multi-rotors (Drones) > Drones Talk
Reload this Page >

DJI s900 or Inspire 1 I still need advice

Community
Search
Notices
Drones Talk This forum is for Multi-Rotor pilots and enthusiasts to talk about subjects that don’t quite fit into any other forum.

DJI s900 or Inspire 1 I still need advice

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2017, 09:24 AM
Axefly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DJI s900 or Inspire 1 I still need advice

I'm stranded between two choices, a dji inspire 1 version 1 and a dji s900, please help me decide as the s900 deal expires tomorrow.

If i go with the dji s900 frame/motors only

for me to have an ok setup i would need

vtx, vrx (the plan is a 900-1200mhz video vtx and vrx for 2km plus range)

I would then need an osd, a gimbal, and gimbal controller (i will be using a gopro 3, the plan is to upgrade in future that's why i'm thinking about going for the s900 so i can upgrade over time)

and off course i would need a battery for the drone and a receiver and flightcontroller.

Did i leave something out ?

Now comparing it to the inspire 1 base model, the inspire 1 v1 with the x3 camera which i can get for the same price.

They talk about the ligthbridge system that transmits in HD, will the s900 setup above not provide the same ?

I mean it will send the video feed straight from the gopro to my ground video receiver which will be plugged into a 18 inch monitor.

Which option would you go for between the inspire 1 v1 and the s900 ?

My thinking is the inspire is nice as it's rtf with everything needed, But i will have to upgrade motors,esc's,gimbal, legs, props should i want to upgrade to a better camera in future.

The s900 is flexible in terms of customization in future.

What would you go for ?

I don't require the best camera in the world, but it would be nice to upgrade to a better camera in future.