Community
Search
Notices
Dub Jett Engines Support Bob Brassel of Dub Jett Engines provides direct support here for Jett Engines.

Jett .90

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2002, 09:51 PM
THE TAILBACKER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jett .90

*I guess I'll start. I have one of these going in a Cermark F-20. I thought i would share what I have seen with these engines. They really do not fall into your normal .90 size catagory.
A couple of friends or mine have them in DC F-18's so I have seen them operate first hand.
*When I read up on engines, "Power and Speed" are two different donkeys here. What plane and what are you looking for. What I have seen of the Jett .90 is a good combination of both.
*This engine will rip right off the front end of your plane and take everything with it. These guys are good builders. Your firewall, engine mount better be as solid as a rock. Even your mounting screws break right off.
* This may sound negative but I am not trying to be since i am looking forward to it but I am learning from others mistakes. Even the Jett .50 on a smaller Tigershark broke the bolts right off. Engine went one way, plane another.
* One guy did not break his in first on a test stand. Left it on the plane. Compression in these seems to be ten times that of a "normal" engine. He put the starter on this thing, threw the prop and the engine was attached to it.
* One of the F-18 planes had the complete front end go into a Honeycomb effect whenever he wound it up. The monokote would make these honeycomb patterns.
We are definitely getting what we pay for but make sure your front end is in order.
* I think one of the problems is the engine may have a brain and it is upset. It wants a new reference to that of "installing a new plane on the engine instead of a new engine in the plane. it defintiely is running the show.
Old 04-30-2002, 03:51 PM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

Default power

Thanks Tailbacker....

Yes, the power output of JETT engines is more than some structures and hardware might be capable of. But in general, a well built, well prepared model will have no problem using a little care.

That honeycomb effect sounds interesting, I've never seen anything like that.

I am glad to read of your impression and experiences with Jett engines. The sj-90L is a natural in the "jet" models like the F-20 and F-18. The Great Planes F-4 with the 90 was an awsome combination. We even have a few pilots out there flying the SJ-90 in older GP Patriots (suppose to be 40 size?? ).

Dub also makes the 90L in a "T" or torque version. Slightly differnt timing and differnt muffler, designed for lower RPM and bigger props. I believe the new BSE 90 and 100 will be available the same way.

Drop me a photo or two of your F-20 when you get it done
Old 04-30-2002, 06:20 PM
THE TAILBACKER

Default Jett .90

Here is my current one, a DC F-20. Running a MVVS Q500 and a 9/7 prop. Keeps right up with the YS .45 and a couple of Jett .50's
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	9863_5046.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	6799