Community
Search
Notices
Dub Jett Engines Support Bob Brassel of Dub Jett Engines provides direct support here for Jett Engines.

which motor

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2002, 10:57 AM
roywiglesworth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which motor

can i get a motor recomendation i'm getting ready to purchase a motor i need this for extreme speeeeeed .its going on a whip lash. we got a speed thing going on at our field already have 2 diamond dusts (one with a os.32 thats been worked one with a mvvs Q 5oo 40) have a weston magnum with the weston(webra)
motor on it.i need the whiplash to make them look like they're sitting still.i had a recomendation of a fire 50 rear exhaust but is this the best i can do or is there something that will be even better also what tuned pipe do i need for it.i had one friend said i need a duc fan engine another said that won't do it what's your opinion? i would like to see this plane exceed 220mph if possible.

roy
Old 09-05-2002, 12:28 PM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whiplash engine

Hi Roy,

Dub has an optimized version of the BSE FIRE 50 he provides for the Whiplash and Diamond Dust applications. I believe you will see references to the "spirit of america" engine in some of BagOSticks' posts in the Extream Speed forum.

It is bascially a BSE FIRE with a higher timed sleeve and a custom tuned pipe (modified and welded assembly). Designed to turn higher RPMs on smaller props.

Email Dub directly at [email protected] and specify that you are interested in a BSE FIRE 50 and pipe set up for the Whiplash. Request his price for the assembly, and the recommended prop for RPM range.

As far as hitting 220 mph....... this engine on the whiplash will give you your best shot at it.

Bob Brassell