Notices
Dub Jett Engines Support Bob Brassel of Dub Jett Engines provides direct support here for Jett Engines.

Jett engine question and plug question

Old 07-19-2008, 08:30 AM
cedarf5d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jett engine question and plug question

Hi Guys a couple of questions, ive got the dubb jett sport 40, was origianly used on a uk sport 40 model, im now going to use this for Q500ec (428 us class ) untill i get my nice new jett Q500, the problem i have is it is fitted with a stubby ali spinner, the back plate incorperates the drive hub, is it possible to get a normal drive hub so i can use one of the dome nuts.

The plugs are a completly new type to me compared to the normal IC ones, ie hot cold plugs etc, I dont have a very good understanding of the plugs used for the dubb jett, ive seen some that come in 2 parts, heard that some can be re wired!!! how many different types are there and do they come in such a variation where i can alter the compression, ie bigger or smaller internal holes etc

Thanks Darren uk
Old 07-21-2008, 11:44 AM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Jett engine question and plug question

Hi Darren,

You can replace the spinner with a standard drive. Order the part from the jett website. Or just run the spinner Many use the spinner for Q-500 - no issue with it.

As for glow plugs, the sport engines use typical glow plugs. Nothing special. I use the K&B 1-L plugs, Rossi 2,3 work good. McCoy59. Anything in the hot to medium range works fine. For racing pretty much anything works ok. It is when you are looking for idle and transition where you want to evalute a few different glow plugs.

The 428 racing engine uses the Nelson style plugs. These are physically larger in thread size. Dub can supply these, and they are available through Performance Specialties and DarrolCady.com also.