Community
Search
Notices
Dub Jett Engines Support Bob Brassel of Dub Jett Engines provides direct support here for Jett Engines.

Jett muffler on a Tuder Tiger 36 Pro

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 08:36 PM
iflyg450

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jett muffler on a Tuder Tiger 36 Pro

I have your tuned muffler I want to use it on my thunder tiger 36 Pro that is mounted in a Super Pacer Just wondering what is the best prop to use

-Jason
Old 12-15-2008, 09:23 AM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Jett muffler on a Tuder Tiger 36 Pro

ORIGINAL: iflyg450

I have your tuned muffler I want to use it on my thunder tiger 36 Pro that is mounted in a Super Pacer Just wondering what is the best prop to use

-Jason
Hi Jason.....

Start off with a 9x5 or 9x6.

Key is rpm. RPM is your friend.

You want the engine turning over 15,000 ground peak rpm. Work towards 16,500 rpm as a baseline target. Higher rpm is better. Find peak ground rpm (briefly) and then back off from there rich about 600-700 rpm for flight.

The .36 pro has decent torque to go along with the rpm. It is usually pretty good even with a 10x4 or 10x6 once you have some time on it (but the 10x6 would be as big as you want to go) Once you have a baseline prop that you know performs, you can work up or down from there.

Let me know how things work out and how the Super Pacer flys. Been ages since Ive seen one of those.

Bob