Community
Search
Notices
Dub Jett Engines Support Bob Brassel of Dub Jett Engines provides direct support here for Jett Engines.

sj .50 to lx?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 03:00 PM
Methanolover

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sj .50 to lx?

I have a fantastic sj .50 with the black ss muffler and apc pylon 8.5x8 (ore somewhere near that) mounted in my "Rifle" designed by Angel, well known by those who follow the "speed prop plane"-forum.
I recall somewhere reading how much to grind the exhaust port to the lx specs.... Can anybody help my need for eaven more speed?

Best R Henrik
Old 07-07-2010, 04:08 PM
rmenke
My Feedback: (13)

Default RE: sj .50 to lx?

Methonollover:

Yes, that SJ 50 is a sweet sports engine, have two. After some 10 years of enjoying the Jett engines, my best advice to you is to send the engine back to dub and have him make any necessary modifications to update the SJ to LX. After a lot of years experience with Dub, I think he works cheep, and almost by return mail. You might E-mail him for a quote based on his recommendations to update the engine.

Or, you could make me a decent offer on a 60LX Jett. Very little time, maby 8 flights. Mother nature caught up to my eyesight, and I just will not fly my fast stuff any longer. I loose sight of them easy , not a good thing coming around turn 2 and about 1.5 to 2 seconds into the crowd. (or me) Really wanted to go to the desert and walk the walk with some of the great highly respected brotherhood. Not to be, but am enjoying the slow electrics and cleaning up my rolling circles. ENJOY
Old 07-08-2010, 10:24 AM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

Thanks for writing.......

The port timing is not all the dramatically differnt on the LX engines. And there is always risk in cutting a properly round sleeve. Your RPM gain may be in the 400-500 rpm range. So consider if that is really going to help you in the long run with speed.... is it a good trade off ?

My suggestion is if you want to LX the engine, perhaps buy an LX piston/sleeve set ? Easy drop in installation, and you still have the originals.

Bob
Old 07-08-2010, 12:49 PM
Methanolover

Hi Bob,

Always there for us :-)

4-500 more... I thought it would give more .... But it's screams great allready so I'd rather be happy with it. And I really am! (but who doesn't want more...)
Or drop my NIB 60lx in it...

Thanks for the advice!

Br Henrik
Old 07-12-2010, 12:40 AM
rmenke
My Feedback: (13)

Bob:

You would think that all these years I have been watching I would recognize where I should not be. Oh well, apologies (again). Never for my support of the wonderful Jett engines. Show us a better one and we will buy them!! ENJOY