RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Dub Jett Engines Support (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/dub-jett-engines-support-115/)
-   -   Jett .35 Viper Plane Setup (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/dub-jett-engines-support-115/10728803-jett-35-viper-plane-setup.html)

foosball_movie 09-22-2011 06:56 AM

Jett .35 Viper Plane Setup

Hi. I've purchased a Great Planes Viper to put my .35 Jett onto.

I looked at the online instructions for the Viper and had a few questions.

1) What is the best bubbless tank to put in the Viper for the .35?

2) What is the best way to mount the engine? The online instructions for the Viper where a bit confusing.

3) What other suggestions would you have?

Thanks for the help.

bob27s 09-22-2011 03:02 PM

RE: Jett .35 Viper Plane Setup

Tank... slim 6 oz.

Mount..... ummmmm. I think dub has a backplate mount available.

You can also use the stock viper backplate mount by slotting the mounting holes in a bit.

If need be you can use a regular beam mount.

Side mount the engine. Muffler under the belly.

Needle mounts on fuselage side at the firewall behind the engine cylinder.

vicman 09-22-2011 06:25 PM

I would recomend looking at the viper thread by DaveN for the improvements you will want to do to make it last a little longer.

foosball_movie 09-24-2011 09:34 AM

Can I use the backplate screws that came with the Jett engine to attach it to the engine mount of the Viper? Or do I need to purchase longer screws. I mounted it with the Jett screws and it seems pretty solid.

bob27s 09-25-2011 03:02 PM

You should be ok as you have it.

rmenke 07-19-2012 10:57 PM

Being a recent deserter to eldectric, please note the only glow engine left in the cabinet is a Jett 35. The 90, 50 and 40's sold well cause they were running like new. The 35 is 9 or more years old and still squeeks at near tdc.

Ok, get the rear backing plate mount from Jett, works great for most installs. Try to get a washer behind each screw into the engine at the same depth as stock. Will need to make them up to be safe. You can remove the rear remote needle valve and mount it directly to the plywood, or side of the fuse. Play with the tank line a little and take it out the side, then to NV. Worked well for me for 4 or 5 raceing seasons in out club. Club guys hated that little 35, kicked butt for years. Aircraft was a viper wing cut down to 40", yes 40". Fuse was from a older viper used as a template, made 3/8 wider sides and top, streemlined the nose. You need to add 1/2" to the engine bay firewall and 1/2" to the tail. I dont like V tails much, so removed the stock tail from a old standard viper. Start the CG same as called out for the viper. Guaranteed to grove, land nice and reasonable slow if you keep things light as you should. Stayed in one piece for 4 or so club seasons in a anything goes class, finished first most of the time. You can't winn them all, just try try try. If back plate mount is high bucks, send me your address via mail [email protected], will send you mine, you return $20.00 on receipt and approval of condition. Good luck and ENJOY.