Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > E-Flight Power Sources
Reload this Page >

eflight or balsa products

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flight Power Sources Ask questions or read about power sources as they specifically relate to e-flight including Lithium-ion, Li-Poly, Nimh and Nicad battery packs.

eflight or balsa products

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 09:28 PM
tvhelidad
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default eflight or balsa products

Why is eflight motors so expensive? I looked up a similar balsa products motor about 600 watts at 1/2 the price?
Old 10-06-2010, 02:18 PM
rmenke
My Feedback: (13)

Default RE: eflight or balsa products

Hi guy:

I think your question would be best revised to "is the quality you are paying for actually there? For most applications, I don't think so. Why spend $70.00 to power a Piper Cub when a Hobby King trinity SK at half the price will do just fine, as well as their controllers. Now, if you are going to go to high speed stuff, the application forces you into quality gear as you are pushing the limits of equipment performance. If I have a nice high end 3D machine, I tend to use something like a Hacker, or AXI, scorpion, or other good quality stuff. For foamy beaters, the gear is almost all HK trinigy stuff. Batteries, controllers and motors are just fine thank you for general purposes. Great performance requires quality. Going racing, would you run a Hugo or Farrari? There are 15 birds on my ceiling. There would be 3-4 if I went the high end stuff all the time. You can pay a lot of money for things that simply are not necessary to fly well and enjoy. Do some shopping.
Old 10-06-2010, 04:28 PM
tvhelidad
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: eflight or balsa products

OK, Thanks I think your right. I had a feeling thats what it was.Thanks for the reply