Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > E-Flight Power Sources
Reload this Page >

What LiPo should I use????

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flight Power Sources Ask questions or read about power sources as they specifically relate to e-flight including Lithium-ion, Li-Poly, Nimh and Nicad battery packs.

What LiPo should I use????

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 01:24 PM
keenan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What LiPo should I use????

I was planning on buying a new plane that is 79" wingspan from banana hobby and they want to charge me over 200 dollars just for 2 sets of batteries. The plane says it needs 2 14.8V 4S 2200mah 20C Li-Polymer. Obviously i dont want to pay 300 for a plane and 200 for batteries so i was just wondering what batteries i could buy that would work for the plane and not cost me an arm and a leg. Also i was looking around and it says the plane needs 20C and i cant really find any but i have found quite a few 25C, if i use these then whats the difference?
Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks.

Old 03-23-2012, 01:40 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What LiPo should I use????

You can probably do a lot better (at least on price) with Hobbyking or hobbypartz for your batts. The 20C rating is a "minimum" so using anything over 20C is a good thing. The difference is the pack's current capability during a fast discharge. I'm not sure how close to the 20C that plane is going to be , but there's nothing wrong with buying a bit too much "C" in your battery other than it may cost a bit more.

You'll need 4 - 4sx2200 packs , right.

Hope this search comes thu ok. (don't get the "B" grade packs) http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/s...on=1&x=70&y=16

http://www.hobbypartz.com/2200mah.html