Community
Search
Notices
E-Flight Power Sources Ask questions or read about power sources as they specifically relate to e-flight including Lithium-ion, Li-Poly, Nimh and Nicad battery packs.

Packs for Eflite T-34

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 05:34 PM
acdii

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts
Default Packs for Eflite T-34

Right now I am running Gen Ace 3300 Mah packs in the bird, but flight times are pretty low. Iwant longer times, so what can I put in for some longer flights? DoIlook for something with a higher C, or higher mah, or both? Ican probably fit a wider pack and have room for length, but not sure how it will balance out with a longer pack. Iget about 8 minutes tops now, and would like to get closer to 15. Iget that now with the same pack in the Apprentice.
Old 04-11-2012, 06:46 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Packs for Eflite T-34

Your best option is to use a higher capacity pack. Hopefully the bird can handle the extra weight. Higher C won't do much for you. Can you fit 2 of those 3300 in there and still get the COG right? I don't have a lot of plane experience , but most all the airplane experience that I do have is with "too big of battery pack" so my flights are almost all 15-30 minutes.
Old 04-12-2012, 05:25 AM
acdii

Not enough for 2 packs and still get the canopy on.  Main reason I didn't convert it to glow, not enough room for a tank, even with cutting the floor out, there is about half a centimeter between the floor bottom and the top of the wing, and the packs I have now just fits height wise with some wiggle room under the canopy, so I can put a somewhat larger pack in ti, I just have to measure and find one that fits. Weight shouldn't be a problem as long as I can keep it forward, this plane tends to be tail heavy if the pack is not all the way forward. 

Now, Gen Ace, or Sky Lipo? 

Preferences on brands?  The Gen Aces seem to be pretty good for what I have, but tend to bleed off quickly when they get warm.  This has been my major headache with eth T-34, it draws some juice when full throttle, so when I play it tends to be short flights, the alarm goes off after just a few minutes, but after I land and let it cool down the voltage jumps right back up to at least 3.8, but in my Apprentice I can fly 15 minutes on the same pack. 
Old 04-12-2012, 01:41 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those are both pretty good brands (and good bang for your buck)

From what your describing you need a good quality high "C" rate pack OR you can also do it i bigger cpacity since both the rating and the capacity work together to give us the total current capability.

If your only getting a few minutes then you absolutely need better batteries. It looks like you may shop at hobbypartz and those are very good priced packs , maybe Hobbyking nanos would also be comparable or even better.

As I get more aggressive I'm sure I'll ave the same trouble as you are. Right now I fly pretty easy and lazy so most of them take a 3sx2.2 pack , but a few of the bigger more powerful ones I have just used 2 parallel 3sx2.2 packs. It cuts the load in half.
Old 04-12-2012, 04:05 PM
acdii

I just got back from my pasture where I flew my apprentice for 18 minutes off the same pack I had used the other day. It still had 3.5 volts in it when I landed, it was starting the cutoff at 3/4 to full throttle. It was slightly warm.

I think I will get a couple larger 45C packs while they still have them. I think a 4400 will fit, I will compare dimensions and measure the battery tray.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:36 AM
acdii

Question, what if I put a 4S1P pack in instead of the 3S1P?