Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > E-Flight Power Sources
Reload this Page >

power wires different, what is the best method

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flight Power Sources Ask questions or read about power sources as they specifically relate to e-flight including Lithium-ion, Li-Poly, Nimh and Nicad battery packs.

power wires different, what is the best method

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 05:36 PM
handle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default power wires different, what is the best method

Hi everyone
I have attached a photo to illustrate my problem.
I want to power my video transmitter and my OSD with a 1000mah battery, unfortunately the wires are all different sizes.

My concerns are this:
What is the best way to connect all three without losing or overpowering the system?
Which are the better connectors to go with?

Side Note: I have confidence concerns with the transmitter, the wires are sooo small, half the size of the feed coming from my gopro camera. I am I going to lose image quality? Should I break open the transmitter and increase the size of the wire?

any suggestions?
Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf99968.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	1792441  
Old 08-18-2012, 07:55 PM
jdetray

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: power wires different, what is the best method

I would not change the wires on the video transmitter. They are carrying very low power and thus are large enough for their intended purpose. If you have the adapter cable for the transmitter as shown [link=http://www.protectiondepot.com/800mW-900mhz-Transmitter.html]here[/link], I would use it.

I would leave all of the wires and connectors exactly as they are. Then make a "Y" adapter that accepts the battery on one leg and splits into two legs, one that accepts the power connector for the OSD and one that accepts the power connector for the video transmitter.

- Jeff