Notices
E-Flight Power Sources Ask questions or read about power sources as they specifically relate to e-flight including Lithium-ion, Li-Poly, Nimh and Nicad battery packs.

connection

Old 09-12-2003, 04:59 PM
3Dreaming
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default connection

I just picked up a Razor 350 to use in a GWS gearbox. I will be using 1200 lipo batteries, and want to know what connectors would be best for this set up? All my electric stuff to this point has been little stuff with low power. Thanks in advance. Tom
Old 09-12-2003, 07:02 PM
Jim Finn
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: connection

Connectors are selected by max amps to pass though them. I use "sermos" connectors which are rated at 30 amps. Deans ultra plugs are rated at 15 I think. What I do is use the same connectors on all my planes large and small, that way I can charge them all witout changing connectors on my chargers.
Old 09-12-2003, 07:28 PM
Dr Kiwi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: connection

I agree that having the same connectors on everything you own is the optimum solution, but I think Sermos are overkill for something that is not going to draw more than 10-15A. Actually I can't talk because I've been using Deans Ultras for anything over 8A for years. However, sanity has prevailed and I am now converting everything to Gold Connectors (MP Jet and Jeti from Hobby-Lobby). I use 1.8mm for IPS stuff (<5A), 2.5mm for 5A to 15A [GWS 370, Speed 300-400-480-600, and brushless MPJet, Razor and MiniAC], and 3.5mm (MP Jet or Jeti 001/002) for anything above 15A [AXI and Phasor]. More expensive but they connect/disconnect wonderfully well. That's my 2 cents worth!

Cheers, Phil