Community
Search
Notices
E-Flight Power Sources Ask questions or read about power sources as they specifically relate to e-flight including Lithium-ion, Li-Poly, Nimh and Nicad battery packs.

Joining packs?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 06:12 PM
acdii

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts
Default Joining packs?

I have a pile of 3S 3200 mah packs for my Twin Otter, abd have a Hacker setup that requires at least 6S packs. Would I be able to connect 2 packs in series to power this motor? It may not have the duration of a 4500 mah pack. but would it be enough to trial run to see if I want to pursue a 6S purchase?
Old 08-22-2013, 04:37 PM
bassmanh
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ac,

yes you could run them in series but make sure they are close in age.... don't run a new pack with 1 that's a year or 2 old and when you charge them just make sure they are both taking the same amount of mah's and the voltage is close....

tower has a series connector here = http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXNKY9&P=0 if you use deans connectors or you could make your own...

bass
Old 08-23-2013, 07:13 AM
acdii

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts

Cool, Thanks. I was thinking that if I ran series/parallel, using 4 packs, which are all the same age and are very close in mah when charged, I could increase flight time. If anything it will at least allow me to try out the plane, and if it goes in, no worries. The Hacker setup is in a Funtana 90 S, which on a Sim snaps wings off if flown too hard. I have also heard from others its a PITA to setup with the dual elevator servos. I can at least try it and if it isnt to my liking, then no money wasted on big packs.

Thanks!