Notices
E-Flight Power Sources Ask questions or read about power sources as they specifically relate to e-flight including Lithium-ion, Li-Poly, Nimh and Nicad battery packs.

GWS Tiger Moth Battery

Old 04-10-2004, 11:09 PM
Boilermaker1
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GWS Tiger Moth Battery

I'm new to electics, so I have lots of questions, one of which I posted in a diff forum. Now I have a few more.
Are 1/3 AA batteries (which is what the Tiger Moth takes, correct?) rare birds? Individual cells and packs are hard to find on the net. Is that the only size cell that will fit in the Tiger Moth with out modification?
I bought a used GWS Tiger Moth 2 summers ago. At the end of last summer, the batteries (3 packs) would not hold a charge. They would only last a minute or less. (one 150mah, two 300mAh) Plus, they started taking longer t charge on my peak charger, and would get very hot. Do they just need cycled a few times, or could I have a bad cell or two?
Otherwise, great airpland and sport so far!!
Old 04-11-2004, 11:39 PM
NMPhi767

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GWS Tiger Moth Battery

They are probably dead, but you could put a voltmeter to them to see if they have anything left. As far as I know, you should be able to find GWS battery packs that are 6 cell, 150 mah packs that should fit in this plane online. Try [link=http://www.horizonhobby.com]Horizon Hobby[/link]. IF that won't work, you could try a li-poly pack. A 2 cell (7.4 volt) 900mah li-po would be half the size of the batteries you are using now so it would have to fit. Also, it would give you flight times of like 40 minutes.