Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > E-Flight Power Sources
Reload this Page >

Multiplex LN-2010 charger and Lipo

Notices
E-Flight Power Sources Ask questions or read about power sources as they specifically relate to e-flight including Lithium-ion, Li-Poly, Nimh and Nicad battery packs.

Multiplex LN-2010 charger and Lipo

Old 05-01-2005, 07:31 AM
Wingpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Multiplex LN-2010 charger and Lipo

Greetings Everyone

I recently purchased a Multiplex LN-2010 charger and Tanic 11.1V 2150 mah battery for my wing project. For those of you that may be familiar with the Multiplex charger, is it safe to charge the battery in fast charge mode, or do I need to remain in trickle charge mode to be on the safe side? There is a amp adjustment knob from .1 -2.0 amp. does this knob apply during fast charge mode or trickle mode? The instruction booklet is not very clear here. Is the fast charge mode really normal charging. I am trying to avoid joining the " I screwed up and burned down the garage" group.

I am new to Lipo technology and would like to stay on the safe side.

Any replies are greatly appreciated.

Dale

Old 05-01-2005, 10:48 AM
Greg Covey

Default RE: Multiplex LN-2010 charger and Lipo

Dale,

The Multiplex LN-2010 charger features a user adjustable charge rate, and Auto-voltage sensing circuit to safely charge Lithium batteries. Simply set the current level equal to or less than the pack capacity (2.1amps for your Tanic pack) and start the charge cycle.

Good luck!
Old 05-01-2005, 10:36 PM
Wingpilot

Thanks Greg

I used the charger today to charge both NiCD batteris and the 2150 Lipo battery. Just as you said, set the charge rate push the button to start and the charger takes care of the rest.

Thanks for your reply

Dale

Old 05-13-2005, 07:33 PM
fishbonesep

Greg, I just purchased a KOK1500HC-2S lipo batt. I also have the LN-2010 charger from multiplex. When I start the charge cycle it detects "charge complete" after a couple of minutes, and the batt is not fully charged. I have tried from .5 amps to 1.5 amps with the same result. Do you have an idea what could be wrong?
Old 05-17-2005, 09:25 PM
Emmitt

I have the same problem with the multiplex LN 2010. I have have tried charging 3 different lipo packs. All are 3 cell TP 860 mah , and this charger does the same thing with all 3 packs. It begins to charge and after about 15 minutes the charger indicates charge complete. any suggestions? It had been taking at least an hour to charge a pack until now.
Old 06-01-2005, 10:06 AM
Gasser26

Emmit,
It begins to charge and after about 15 minutes the charger indicates charge complete any suggestions? Yes, if you turn down the charge rate on the knob to about 1.5 it will charge completely in about an hour or so.