Notices
E-Flight Power Sources Ask questions or read about power sources as they specifically relate to e-flight including Lithium-ion, Li-Poly, Nimh and Nicad battery packs.

li po fire

Old 05-11-2005, 11:26 PM
tylerman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: li po fire

I dont think that I have ever watched my batteries charge for more than 3 seconds
Maybe I should change my ways--I dont know.

If I fly right before the sun goes down I usually hook up the battery and go to bed.

I think right now I sound pretty careless.
I do know that if the house burnt down my parents would kill me if the fire didnt
Old 05-12-2005, 12:05 AM
Darkace

Nothing could be worse than what i used to do. I usualy put my battery on the charger before i go take a shower. So im away from the battery 10-15 minutes. The worst part is that in the garage where i charge it, there is like 10 cans of flamable stuff (Fuel for dirtbike, planes, rc cars etc.)
Old 05-12-2005, 12:40 AM
TedShredz

I think the vid has sent more than a few of us back to our charger manuals and battery info sheets. That alone would probably change accident statistics....

Thanks for posting.
T
Old 05-12-2005, 01:23 AM
Darkace

ORIGINAL: tf2psycho

the celectra charger cord is so short and ive been too lazy to extend it so i charge right on top of my engine [&o]

Thats why i got a 12v car battery, so i dont have to endanger my dads car :P
Old 05-12-2005, 10:23 AM
DHG
My Feedback: (7)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got some 3-wire servo extension cable (available on a roll at my local hobby shop) and extended the Triton charger's thermal probe so it's the same length as the leads to hook to the Li-Po. Now the Li-Po can be separated a good distance from the charger. For connection to the 12V source, I got some Sermos connectors (a/k/a Anderson Power Poles, color-coded red & black) and put them on the Triton in place of the clamps it came with. Then I took those clamps and put them on the end of about 4 feet of ordinary lamp cord with another set of Sermos connectors. So far, so good. It hooks to the car battery with enough extra distance that the Triton can be sitting on the ground, away from the car, and the Li-Po in its little bucket another 2 or 3 feet away from the Triton.

How to make things go right even when everything goes wrong, that's the key ...

Old 05-12-2005, 09:50 PM
tf2psycho
Banned

I AM NOT A inferior production line model !FIREBIRD!
I am K.I.T.T ...knight industries two thousand
i am virtually indestructible with a molecular bonded shell super computer and lazer that can cut a car in half [8D]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr50609.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	17.8 KB
ID:	270683  
Old 05-12-2005, 11:05 PM
William Robison
My Feedback: (3)

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

tf2psycho:

ORIGINAL: tf2psycho
I am K.I.T.T ...knight industries two thousand
i am virtually indestructible with a molecular bonded shell super computer and lazer that can cut a car in half
You have to be kidding.

It may well have a bunch of extra crap on it but it's still a Firebird. And that "molecular bonded shell super computer and lazer that can cut a car in half" line? It is to laugh.

Surely you jest.

Bill.
Old 05-12-2005, 11:07 PM
tylerman

Thats some pretty funny stuff
Old 05-12-2005, 11:24 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

.........and Chitty-Chitty Bang-Bang can really fly!
Old 05-14-2005, 03:08 PM
Darkace

Whats wrong with a Firebird?
Old 05-14-2005, 11:14 PM
Ron Olson

They're lousy in the snow! The front end starts floating over 100 MPH and they have a nasty low speed push when you're romping on them. Yeah, I had one many moon ago, my ex-wife took it in the divorce. good riddance! And to think that I traded in my 'Cuda to get one![]
Old 05-15-2005, 10:59 AM
tf2psycho
Banned

look you never had the knight rider with all the custom parts and talking computer
personalized kitt licens plate new engine and tranny &
neon lights everywhere...hardly anything on this car is stock i dont have to brag or prove anything because when i just go to a 7/11 everyone swamps the knight rider
and i feel sorry for any of you that owned a firebird and never turned it into the knight rider thats why i am the true hobbiest because i build things to make them better! not to mention all my nitro cars and air planes i have made or improved ...

Name:	Rp44003.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	271698  
Old 05-15-2005, 08:50 PM
straitnate14
My Feedback: (2)

thats like saying that a putting a body kit makes a honda fast. lol knight rider crap just a bunch of extra weight you dont need. get a mopar... actualy dont because you will ruin it with all your extra plastic and lights

"when i just go to a 7/11 everyone swamps the knight rider" do they hit it with baseball bats?
Old 05-17-2005, 01:11 PM
DHG

When I was in college I had a black '72 Olds Delta 88 Royale with the Rocket 455 and a Quadrajet carb. The fenders started to rust out (this was southeast Michigan) so I pop-riveted on some galvanized sheet metal & painted it with roofing tar. Wow, did folks get out of my way with that thing. I thought I was a poor hillbilly but now you see cars with the same kind of fenders, they're called a Nissan X-Terra and they cost 30 grand.

There's gotta be a Springsteen song in there somewhere.

Are we off topic yet?
Old 05-17-2005, 01:37 PM
Ron Olson

This thing has been off-topic for a page now, it's a wonder that the Mod in here hasn't dumped it yet.
I've owned my share of modified vehicles in my time but never claimed them to be anything other than what they were, much less a Firebird that was nothing more than that. Come back to reality dude. Ever seen any of the TV cars? I have including the K.I.T.T. car. It''ll take a bullet or bomb like any other Firebird just like yours will.
Old 05-17-2005, 04:08 PM
StephenT

Guys

I have not exploded any lipos yet! Thank God!! I have had one charger mishap that expaned my pack like an accordian. I was in the shop/garage and I heard a crackling noise, I looked around and saw the pack expanding. I disconnected the Triton and kicked the pack out the door. Nothing happened.

Several other packs (all small under $50)have expanned from over AMPing and over discharging. I have lost about $400.00 in the last 2 years. A couple of packs have actually flown out of the canopy/hatch of a couple planes. One was found and one was not.

Did you know,if you Have a brushless SP control with brake, and don't dissconnect your battery overnight it will drain the battery also!
Old 05-18-2005, 09:52 AM
DHG

StephenT,

That pack that swelled on you -- was it charging at the correct setting, or not?

I'm using a Triton with Thunder Power 1320s, charging at 1 amp (0.76C) and they stay stone cold, top off in about 80 mins. I don't worry about them much ... but if I should still keep a wary eye on them, that would be nice to know.

All,

Now that I'm getting more comfortable with these things and the batteries have been through a few cycles, I've started to keep track of how much charge they're taking (total mA). Out of four TP 1320s, I've got three that consistently take 1040 to 1140 mA and one that seems to have lost some capacity. The last two charges on that one have showed 976 and 968 mA, respectively. It seems to perform just like the others, but doesn't last quite as long. Is this normal? Does it indicate that one of the cells in this pack is "mismatched" to the other two cells in the pack and is getting overcharged? (And if so, will the pack continue to go downhill until it's useless?)

Thanks for any insight you can offer on this.

Duane Gall
RCPRO
Old 05-21-2005, 07:44 PM
StephenT

it was an unbalanced 4S4P pack that was overdischarged then recharged. 3 of the 4 parrelle packs survived. The one that expaned was not as far discharged as the rest and went into over charge.
Old 05-07-2006, 12:13 AM
William Robison
My Feedback: (3)

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Psycho:

Get real or get gone.

And your vulgarity is NOT appreciated.

Bill.

PS: Maybe a psychiatrist can help you, and then you wont have to be clled "Psycho.". wr.
Old 05-07-2006, 01:29 AM
tf2psycho
Banned

this whole li-po thread is a joke and should be removed
every post i did because i hate this forum and the people behind it
in fact i would like the admin to remove every post by me and also my membership

this forum and most of the people here suck remove my posts all of them and my membership now!!!

sorry t-man its been good but i will never post here again this hobby has too many dics
and im going back to guns ,.........so you all can kiss my asssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Name:	Wu62330.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	457284  
Old 05-07-2006, 08:16 AM
3DSAVAGE

oooooooooooooooo, that pic won't end pretty...
Old 05-07-2006, 09:23 AM
Iceman30
My Feedback: (14)

GROW UP !!