Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > E-Flight Power Sources
Reload this Page >

Highest MA Capacity Battery For The Extreme?

Notices
E-Flight Power Sources Ask questions or read about power sources as they specifically relate to e-flight including Lithium-ion, Li-Poly, Nimh and Nicad battery packs.

Highest MA Capacity Battery For The Extreme?

Old 05-11-2005, 11:40 AM
critterhunter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Highest MA Capacity Battery For The Extreme?

Can anybody tell me what the highest ma rated battery is that I can get for the Extreme and where to find a good price on it? Also, what is the name of the connector the Extreme uses? Thanks.
Old 05-21-2005, 03:42 AM
kf6rat

Default RE: Highest MA Capacity Battery For The Extreme?

GP 3700.. Get them from maxamps.com... or lots of other places sell them. However they are a pretty penny.
Old 05-23-2005, 07:43 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Yep, the new GP3700 is the highest-capacity cell you can get for that plane without going LiPoly. With LiPoly I would fully expect to be able to pack 8000+mAh in the plane, but if you thought GP3700s were costly...

The connector on the end is a tough one to find. I think www.cheapbatterypacks.com has them, and they'll custom build you a pack with one attached. I've only heard them referred to as "Aerobird" or "Firebird" connectors, if it's the one I'm thinking of.
Old 05-27-2005, 09:19 AM
critterhunter

Never realized that the 1700ma packs that come with the Extreme are Nicads! Thought they were Nimhs and I'm lucky I checked before setting up my charger for a friend's Extreme pack. Anyway, on a 1700ma Nicad Extreme pack what is the max safe charging amps I can use? My Piranha will go up to 5 amps and I know these bigger cells can be charged at faster rates than smaller ones. Just not sure what is too high? I charged a few packs for him at 5 amps (m/v setting of 10) and they only got a little warm but never hot). Also need to know a good m/v setting for these packs.