Community
Search
Notices
E-Flight Power Sources Ask questions or read about power sources as they specifically relate to e-flight including Lithium-ion, Li-Poly, Nimh and Nicad battery packs.

LiPo's from Dymond???

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2005, 03:53 AM
ec121k

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LiPo's from Dymond???

I've looked at their ads and they have some attractive pricing. Anybody have any experience with them???
Old 07-16-2005, 10:52 AM
blueline
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: LiPo's from Dymond???

I've not dealt with them personally though i've read more than a few negative posts thoughout this site and other RC sites that are mostly directed towards poor customer service. I quess you get what you pay for!
Old 07-16-2005, 12:28 PM
enrique1123

I have bought 2 motors and esc's from them, great equipment and great prices, I haven't had to deal with their customer service dept because everything I bought from them was really good. I might try their batteries, the price is really good but I've used TP in the past and had good results with the TP packs.One thing that I noticed is that the capacity and and ratings are the same as the TP packs and Kokam packs. I think that it's worth a shot if you fly electric alot. When it comes to customer I think that everyone has a different idea of what it should be. If you crash your plane and break the shaft on the motor it doesn't mean that it was a bad motor just a bad flight. You cannot call a distributor and expect them to replace it. I have deal with mostly online retailers and have never had a bad experience, I believe that us "the buyers" usually have a much greater expectation than is realistic. Retailers are in business to make money after all. I had a problem with Balsa products shipping the wrong item once and I contacted them, they sent me 2 battery packs with a voltage of 7.4 when what I ordered was 11.1, I called them and they told me they would look into it, a week later I received another package with the right battery packs, I called them since they had not contacted me and they told me to keep the other packs for my inconvenience, that was way more than I expected. I continue to buy from them all the time. In the past I have bought from Tower Hobbies, Hobby Lobby and Hobby Town and have always had a great experience. The only complains that I have would be with the shipping companies but you cannot blame the retailer for that part of the purchase. If you want to try an item from Dyamond I would tell you that not everyone would express their positive opinion, usually people complain about a bad experience but we never hear the positive one that ususally outnumbert the bad ones 10 to 1. That's my .02 , good luck.
Old 07-16-2005, 07:10 PM
vtwinguy
My Feedback: (3)

Just an FYI, I have bought 4 Li-Ion's in the past few months from RC Expert in Hong Kong. 2 1400's (2 cell) cost $35.00 shipped and I have them in about 10 days. He has Li-Poly's also. The're all I use and I have had good luck with them so far.

http://www.rc-expert.com/
Old 07-16-2005, 08:29 PM
DMACK
My Feedback: (9)

I've used a variety of the Dymond Lipos-3s1p 900, 3s1p 1500, 3s1P 2000, and I've had good results from all of them. I have two of the Dymond 3s1P 2000, I use them in my Mini Funtana. They provide good power and decent flight times.

The AON motor in my MF will put out nearly 300 watts, at 26 amps. Full throttle for more than 5 seconds is pushing it, but that kind of power is almost never needed. My MF accelerates out of a hover, rolling vertically till its out of sight.

I also fly Apogee 3s1p 2170 packs in my MF as well. Are they a little stronger, yes. Do the flights last a little longer, yes. Are they twice the price, yes! I can get 10 miutes of aggresive flying out of the Dymond packs no problem.

Are they worth it, yes! Their 12C and 15C packs are new and just about to become available.I haven't tried them yet, but I would expect good performance.
Old 07-28-2005, 08:10 AM
ec121k

Thanks for all the replys guys.
Old 07-28-2005, 08:55 AM
wuudogg
My Feedback: (14)

Certainly everyone has different experiences with vendors. Some are more pleasant than others. All of my experiences with Dymond have been pleasant ones.

Dymond is one of our local Hobby Shops here in San Diego. It's owned and operated by a married couple, Helmut and Ziggy, who are both very knowledgeable and helpful. They specialize in Electric Flight but offer parts and pieces that you may need for glow/gas. They are business focused. We need them to be so that they can stay in business. Helmut and Ziggy are the customer service department. I've never had a problem getting a good deal, advice, help, or getting a defective product replaced. They've had consistency with their staff lately as well. This certainly helps make a difference.

The place reminds me of Costco. You know what I'm talking about... You go into buy a pallet of toilet paper and 55 gallon drum of soy sauce for your apartment and end up with a new 42" plasma TV and a grand piano.

I went in yesterday for a servo and ended up having to back my car up to the place to load up before I left. Too much good stuff in there.

If you are looking for Electric Flight components or Chargers, Radio Gear, Servos, Batteries, Switches or other components to finish up those glow or large scale gassers I wouldn't hesitate to go to them.