Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > E-Flight Power Sources
Reload this Page >

Lipo cell balancing with Triton

Notices
E-Flight Power Sources Ask questions or read about power sources as they specifically relate to e-flight including Lithium-ion, Li-Poly, Nimh and Nicad battery packs.

Lipo cell balancing with Triton

Old 10-03-2006, 02:56 PM
packyj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lipo cell balancing with Triton

Just got my 3s 2100 electirfly lipo in the mail... realized I now need a balancer to charge with the triton...

1. Is the balancer the only way to charge this lipo? or is it possible to charge through the deans lead labeled "esc" like any other 2s lipo would be charged.

2 is http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXMGS7&P=V what i would need in the event that 1 is not possible?

any help is greatly appreciated

Patrick
Old 10-03-2006, 03:08 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Default RE: Lipo cell balancing with Triton

If the balance is checked OK then it is acceptable to charge without a balancer regardless if it is a 2S or 3S.
Old 10-03-2006, 09:23 PM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

It's perfectly acceptable to charge through the Dean's connector for now, but eventually you should plan on getting an Equinox. Provided you don't abuse the pack, it will take quite a few charges for the pack to get out of balance enough to be a problem. Occasional balancing will enhance the performance and the lifespan of the battery pack.
Old 10-04-2006, 06:46 AM
packyj

Again I thank you both for the input. Seems confusing for one to be labeled explicitly "charge" when it's possible to charge from either jack. Although like you mentioned it does make sense to charge each cell